• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Report- Mt. Mansfield

Huck_It_Baby

I just came off Mansfield after a quick scouting hike up to the summit. Things are looking good for October!

Only about 4-5 Inches down around 2,300-2,400 near the trailhead.

20131026_151102.jpg

Up above 4,000 was another story. I was finding fairly consistent snow around 8-10 inches with drifts of 2 Feet+. I'll tell you it really felt good to sink into snow above my knees!

20131026_162334.jpg

The wind was blowing hard and it was near white out conditions up top. I dug a pit to measure some of the drifting.

20131026_162639.jpg

20131026_163418.jpg

Cornhead

Sweet, looks Wintry, nice picks, thanks for the stoke!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AlpineZone mobile app

mbedle

That is why I love Stowe. My other half is ready to kill me if I talk any more about winter...... Thanks for taking and posting the pics.

KD7000

That is just plain awesome!

As hideously overpriced as the lift tickets are, it's still a great mountain.

Cornhead

That is just plain awesome!

As hideously overpriced as the lift tickets are, it's still a great mountain.

Couldn't agree more, still may be my fav in NE. I haven't been in years due to their astronomical prices, and scarcity of discounts. I'm thinking of joining my local ski club, $10, just to get in on Stowe's ski club/ council appreciation days. You can ski for as little as $31.40, five day, $46, single day. http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/

Sent on my new, 2 year old, DROID X2 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Couldn't agree more, still may be my fav in NE. I haven't been in years due to their astronomical prices, and scarcity of discounts. I'm thinking of joining my local ski club, $10, just to get in on Stowe's ski club/ council appreciation days. You can ski for as little as $31.40, five day, $46, single day. http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/

Ski Vermont Card also has great deals for Stowe can't wait to ski here this year.

mbedle

Stowe prices

Just a couple of things on the lift ticket prices. Yes, Stowe is definitely the most expensive on the east costs. However, if you buy a Vermont Travel Club card (I think I paid $40 for it), you get up to $27 off a regular ticket price. Also, purchasing online can save you some money off the regular window ticket price ($98 compared to &84). Not sure if they will do this again this year, but last year the week after president week was on $54 per day (using your E-card, purchased online). I never heard of the club discount appreciation days, but what a great deal. Now I just need to find a local club in southeastern PA to join. Anyone a member of club down here, let me know. Thanks

steamboat1

Just a couple of things on the lift ticket prices. Yes, Stowe is definitely the most expensive on the east costs. However, if you buy a Vermont Travel Club card (I think I paid $40 for it), you get up to $27 off a regular ticket price. Also, purchasing online can save you some money off the regular window ticket price ($98 compared to &84). Not sure if they will do this again this year, but last year the week after president week was on $54 per day (using your E-card, purchased online). I never heard of the club discount appreciation days, but what a great deal. Now I just need to find a local club in southeastern PA to join. Anyone a member of club down here, let me know. Thanks

http://www.easternpaskicouncil.org/

KD7000

We go once a year, since we have family up there. Last time I paid online for one day but was given a comp ticket for the second day. That made it quite a bit more palatable. I've also used a Vermont Travel Club card.

Cornhead

I'm not impressed with the Vermont Travel Club Card. As was posted on the Skiing on the Cheap sticky, if you join a ski club affiliated with the Connecticut Ski Club Council, you get some uber low rates, only problem is zero flexibility. http://www.skiclub.com/documents/AW 2014, Final.pdf

Last edited:

ScottySkis

I'm not impressed with the Vermont Travel Club Card. As was posted on the Skiing on the Cheap sticky, if you join a ski club affiliated with the Connecticut Ski Club Council, you get some uber low rates, only problem is zero flexibility. http://www.skiclub.com/documents/AW 2014, Final.pdf

51$ to ski Sugarbush on Sunday, Stowe for 46 Jay in 50s Mountainsnow 35% off regular rate I be happy to use it.

C-Rex

CSC club is the way to go. The club days are super cheap and if you don't want to go to that mountain on that day, a few resorts give members group rate anytime. Mount Snow for instance. Plus if you get in on the beginning of the season you can buy tickets at bulk rate. Usually in the $45 to $55 range. Our club is $30 for the entire family. Pays for itself in one visit.

Cornhead

51$ to ski Sugarbush on Sunday, Stowe for 46 Jay in 50s Mountainsnow 35% off regular rate I be happy to use it.

Hey, don't take it personally, enjoy your discounts, I just think there are better deals out there. The $46 Stowe is early/late season, $71 mid season, which is a lot better than $98 window, $84 online, I guess.

gostan

Sugarbush Quad Pack

image.jpg
Hey, don't take it personally, enjoy your discounts, I just think there are better deals out there. The $46 Stowe is early/late season, $71 mid season, which is a lot better than $98 window, $84 online, I guess.

All off these deals have their pros and cons. I usually purchase a Sugarbush Season Pass but will not be doing so this season, so the combination of the Vermont Travel Club and two Sugarbush Quad Packs has me covered for 8 Saturdays/Holidays @ $50 each and any non holiday Sunday-Friday for $51. This works for me this season.

steamboat1

As was posted on the Skiing on the Cheap sticky, if you join a ski club affiliated with the Connecticut Ski Club Council, you get some uber low rates, only problem is zero flexibility. http://www.skiclub.com/documents/AW 2014, Final.pdf

Same rates apply for NY, NJ, PA & probably all clubs belonging to a northeastern ski council. It's not exclusive to CT. & neither are the bulk rate tickets.

Pay a few bucks more & join a club with a centrally located lodge, you'll save even more.

Cornhead

Holy off topic, you're right gostan, pluses and minuses for all deals. Huck_It_ Baby, if the stars align and Stowe gets snow during their appreciation days, and you can go then, I'd love to take you up on the offer you made me at Sugarbush last Spring. I'd be grateful for some local knowledge. And you, my friend, are one knowledgeable dude! Kudos to all your pre season recon missions, thanks for sharing.