• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Excersie thread ( overweight like me)

ScottySkis

Is anyone else trying to get into better shape?
I was 170 lbs when I moved to liberty 2 years ago
Now I at 200 lbs unfortunately

ScottySkis

Get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

Exactly what I doing
I fortune for my excersie gym at apartment complex
I don't drive a car anymore
Been much better diet now that I have choice on what I eat
Also being on antidepressants and medicine to reduce my anxiety also interfere with
Healthy life sides effect so

skiur

Summer is for booze & BBQ, putting on the pounds. Once it cools off enough to start hiking is when I start losing my extra summer pounds and getting in shape for ski season.

ScottySkis

No Alcohol for me enjoy your alcohol lol
Just did 40 minutes on treadmill with 10 minutes break in between 2 20 minutes cycles

Summer is for booze & BBQ, putting on the pounds. Once it cools off enough to start hiking is when I start losing my extra summer pounds and getting in shape for ski season.

ScottySkis

Today be getting some good much needed excersie by walking 4 miles with several breaks
And lots of water drinking
So lucky to live in Scotctown next to Middletown
Eating lunch at quick check
1/4 of way with today goal.
Rain coat and umbrella in my backpack .

ScottySkis

5 miles total walked today
Plus on treadmill in my apartment another 2 miles . 40 minutes wish AC was on their

ScottySkis

Walking today outside with many breaks
Let's wait to mid fall when temperatures are forecasted for hiking at the highest of 60 degree s
I walking outside and it's crazy salty sweat that gets in my eyes kind of blindness while I trying to see cars

ScottySkis

Walking today about 3 miles outside in the rain
Use to be was good day for me to be outside walking
I guess the doctor says because of diabetes 2 and medicine for this and medicine for anxiety is making my eyes salty sweat so bad I can even see
Diabetes 2 sucks

ScottySkis

30 minutes walk this afternoon to quick check eat
The 2 miles in 40 minutes on treadmill on speed 3
Incline 3.o

NYDB

Scotty

incorporate some weight lifting too. Doesn't have to be too heavy. twice a week or so should do it.

Never abandon your strength..

Ol Dirty Noodle

This might be a little hardcore for now given your situation but I longboard 3 miles round trip penn station to job site everyday, then 4-5 days a week I hike the hills by me 3-5 miles depending on the route with lots of incline and decline carrying a 20lb kettlebell.

Carrying one forces you to engage all your core muscles to maintain a proper posture and stride while also blasting all your leg muscles. Switch hands every half mile, you can do it more often if you’re dominant side is way stronger than your weak side the key is to keep the intervals even though. Ive honestly found it to be the best all around workout for skiing, something to work towards.
Keep up the walking for now till you can get to a point of walking 30 minutes without stopping at a brisk pace, then start to mix in the varying terrain and then start small with the weight.

Bayside

Scotty

incorporate some weight lifting too. Doesn't have to be too heavy. twice a week or so should do it.

Never abandon your strength..

Agreed. You lose muscle mass every year after about 35, and it is really hard to ever get it back. That muscle helps your metabolism burn more calories.