• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Patterns": A senior project on Meterology and the Future of Eastern Skiing

Hey all,

If anyone wants to take a brief look back at winter and skiing, hear me out! I just completed my senior year at Milton Academy in Milton. MA and spent the month of May working on my senior project. I decided to create a documentary on skiing and meteorology, focusing on the future of the ski industry in the east. The movie is titled "Patterns". I met with several familiar faces, including Dr. Judah Cohen and Tim Kelley to help shape my movie. I also met with Powder Magazine editor Porter Fox and Mt. Abram GM/Mountain Riders Alliance co-founder Dave Scanlan.

The final product is a 34 minute documentary divided into four parts.
(Intro) The Love of Skiing
1. The Origin of Our Snow
2. Documenting the Past and recording the future (essentially a Blue Hills Observatory plug)
3. Changing patterns, Changing ski seasons.

I think you all, no matter your stance on the situation, will find my final revelation to be intriguing.

The video is titled "Milton Academy edition" because I had to premiere this movie live to students at my school and there are a few stories by students included in the intro which were more geared to get my friends laughing rather than for content. I may re-release Patterns in a few weeks with these stories edited out.

Anyways, if this interests you, check it out! Let me know what you think

--Will

P.S: I would recommend watching on either 720p or 1080Hd resolutions. In addition, a few years ago I told a few of you that I was in college. Don't know why I did that, but I'm sorry for misleading you all.

"Patterns": A senior project on Meterology and the Future of Eastern Skiing

In addition, here is the trailer I made.

The videos are embedded via browser but show up as a link on the app fwiw

Last edited:

jack97

very good job.... it's rare to see balance in a documentary nowadays.

Domeskier

Nice job, dude. Glad I went to high school back when the toughest part of senior year was just showing up.