• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020

Smellytele

Ski 5 days across Sunday River, Loon & Sugarloaf with NO BLACKOUTS.
Can’t view this email? View Online

vemzoavatp

Introducing the New England 5-Day – available this week only.

Get five combined days of skiing to use at Sunday River, Loon Mountain and Sugarloaf for just $319 – with absolutely no blackouts.

The New England 5-Day is only available through July 4. Get yours now.

fahz

Indy Pass

Indy Pass
http://www.indyskipass.com/
ON SALE SEPTEMBER 1
For $199 receive:

Two free days at each partner resort in the US and Canada
Minimum of one additional discounted lift ticket
Discounted kids tickets (12 and under) when redeeming an adult ticket
Special offers from participating resorts for lodging, rentals, lessons and more

Some early details from messengering them on facebook are below. I was curious about the northeast resorts and was told that 29 of the resorts are unrestricted aka no blackout days! 5 of our resorts have blackout days and will be listed on our site as such when tickets go on sale September 1st. Canaan Valley, Mission Ridge, Silver Mt, Beaver Mt, & Cataloochee will have varying blackout days for holiday & midweek.

I expect more details will emerge 9/1 when this goes on sale. I'm located in Albany, NY area and ski weekends. Finding some deals that aren't restrictive and close by are nice for the three of us. Berkshire East, Catamount, Magic, Bolton Valley all are fun places. I've never been to Suicide Six, Greek Peak & Pats Peak but if I do it should put the cost per ticket under $20, that's not bad.

dblskifanatic

Indy Pass
http://www.indyskipass.com/
ON SALE SEPTEMBER 1
For $199 receive:

Two free days at each partner resort in the US and Canada
Minimum of one additional discounted lift ticket
Discounted kids tickets (12 and under) when redeeming an adult ticket
Special offers from participating resorts for lodging, rentals, lessons and more

Some early details from messengering them on facebook are below. I was curious about the northeast resorts and was told that 29 of the resorts are unrestricted aka no blackout days! 5 of our resorts have blackout days and will be listed on our site as such when tickets go on sale September 1st. Canaan Valley, Mission Ridge, Silver Mt, Beaver Mt, & Cataloochee will have varying blackout days for holiday & midweek.

I expect more details will emerge 9/1 when this goes on sale. I'm located in Albany, NY area and ski weekends. Finding some deals that aren't restrictive and close by are nice for the three of us. Berkshire East, Catamount, Magic, Bolton Valley all are fun places. I've never been to Suicide Six, Greek Peak & Pats Peak but if I do it should put the cost per ticket under $20, that's not bad.

You are in a sweet spot for that pass for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skicub

When do SKI VT passes go on sale? I seem to always miss the email with the info. October 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

I haven't been on here in give or take a year -- trust me it's been great. Kind of like quitting Facebook. I did start lurking again a couple weeks ago to see if anything was coming up in the new Skiing on the Cheap thread. Personally, I am curious when the Fox44 / MyChamplainValley card becomes available and resorted to checking this forum again.

So this is funny. But I do remember part of the reason I left was somebody starting talking about tax cheating and bringing up my family and failure of moderators to put a lid on it. This is totally false and I felt better to walk away and reconsider how I spend my time on the internet rather than try to defend completely random accusations for the benefit of a few self-proclaimed famous internet skiers.

This was shortly after I compiled the best Skiing on the Cheap thread seen on this forum last season, and I decided to make a clean break from the bullshit here and just enjoy skiing without involving the same dozen faceless internet personalities in my hobby. Folks I'd never have a beer with IRL and don't even appreciate actually decent people trying to have a nice forum experience and share info without the hostility and negativity.

And yet I've logged back in. Bait away. Just wanted to clear up that shit. NY Dirt Bag doesn't know a single thing about me and my identity, that's part of the problem on this forum frankly is people are allowed to get away with harassment like that. People get away with shit like that behind a keyboard but not in real life.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

I haven't been on here in give or take a year -- trust me it's been great. Kind of like quitting Facebook. I did start lurking again a couple weeks ago to see if anything was coming up in the new Skiing on the Cheap thread. Personally, I am curious when the Fox44 / MyChamplainValley card becomes available and resorted to checking this forum again.

So this is funny. But I do remember part of the reason I left was somebody starting talking about tax cheating and bringing up my family and failure of moderators to put a lid on it. This is totally false and I felt better to walk away and reconsider how I spend my time on the internet rather than try to defend completely random accusations for the benefit of a few self-proclaimed famous internet skiers.

This was shortly after I compiled the best Skiing on the Cheap thread seen on this forum last season, and I decided to make a clean break from the bullshit here and just enjoy skiing without involving the same dozen faceless internet personalities in my hobby. Folks I'd never have a beer with IRL and don't even appreciate actually decent people trying to have a nice forum experience and share info without the hostility and negativity.

And yet I've logged back in. Bait away. Just wanted to clear up that shit. NY Dirt Bag doesn't know a single thing about me and my identity, that's part of the problem on this forum frankly is people are allowed to get away with harassment like that. People get away with shit like that behind a keyboard but not in real life.

+1
AZ us not same sad I agree.
I tg

bushpilot

agreed

www.pugski.com

urungus

Hey bdfreetuna, hope you will return in some limited form ... the skiing on the cheap compilation last year was awesome and I really enjoyed your posts about skiing with your dad and hidden trails like the Poma line at Pico. Plus it was nice to have someone else from Western Mass here.

BenedictGomez

So the Vermont 4-pass is $189 now. Isnt that an increase?

I'm gonna' have to pass on that pass at this point, as $47.25 per ticket isnt that great of a deal anymore. It's more like a decent deal.

Sure, it's awesome for a day at Stowe, but most of those other places can be had for less.

Zand

So the Vermont 4-pass is $189 now. Isnt that an increase?

I'm gonna' have to pass on that pass at this point, as $47.25 per ticket isnt that great of a deal anymore. It's more like a decent deal.

Sure, it's awesome for a day at Stowe, but most of those other places can be had for less.

I thought it was more than that last year (for some reason I was thinking $199) but not totally sure...

I also bought it last year just for the cheap(er) day at Stowe. Hadn't been in 10 years. Enjoyed some terrific runs on Lookout and in Goat Woods, had a few cold brews in that cool old bar in the Mansfield Lodge (at the end of the day because there's no way I'm hiking up that f*cking hill twice), and it was one of the better days of the year, but I also realized I can live without Stowe perfectly fine. I can go to the other places that I would use the pass at (Jay, Smuggs, MRG, Burke) for $40 or less with all the available discounts out there. I hate the feeling of being pressured to "save" the pass for good days and then run out of time if it's a bad spring.