• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Question for those familiar with Catamount

podunk77

If I finish a run near the base of the Meadows Triple chair and want to head over to the Summit Chair, is there a lot of "polling" involved, or will a decent head of steam get me there? The map seems to imply it's some distance, but it's probably not drawn to scale.

Thanks in advance.

slatham

If I recall it's doable with a head of steam and maybe some minor polling at end. I believe the summit chair is slightly downhill of the traverse once you get past the lodge.

spiderpig

I usually can't make it from Meadows to Ridge without poling, and I take it pretty fast. There are usually too many people to try to avoid to go at full speed, and you have to go uphill a little bit to reach the liftline of Ridge. I recommend taking the Catamount double to take a run over to the Ridge Quad, as those two are farther apart than it looks.