• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

#1 Destination for 2006-07?

Greg

Staff member
I'm going to try to get in an extended stay at Sugarbush in Feb. or March... You?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
New England destination: Sugarbush

And MRV, Jay Peak, Magic, and the Loaf.

Big trip still in the works: Snowbird/Alta, Powder Mountain... Park City still in the back of our head.

2knees

#1 destination for 06/07?

Divorce court if i dont ski more next year.

highpeaksdrifter

Marc said:
New England destination: Sugarbush

And MRV, Jay Peak, Magic, and the Loaf.

Big trip still in the works: Snowbird/Alta, Powder Mountain... Park City still in the back of our head.

Stay in Park City, but ski in Snowbird/Alta. I know it's all about the skiing, but when I'm on vacation for a week I like to be able to go out for a couple of beers once in awhile. Park City is kinda an oasis from Morman influnce.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
highpeaksdrifter said:
Stay in Park City, but ski in Snowbird/Alta. I know it's all about the skiing, but when I'm on vacation for a week I like to be able to go out for a couple of beers once in awhile. Park City is kinda an oasis from Morman influnce.

It may have to be all about skiing for us...

Nate's relatives are Mormons and live in SLC... and would probably let us crash there.

ski_adk

Anywhere west. Although when/if I'm living there, I have to travel in an easterly direction to the mountain, I'll do that too.

thaller1

Utah #1

Went this year as well as Colorado...Utah far surpassed my expectations .. had the time of my life despite being ill. I want to go back because it was amazing and the snow surperb...but I also want to experience it all over again...stronger than ever and healthy! :)

Last edited:

nelsapbm

Most likely going to Boulder to visit family/friends, so we'll probably take a few days and head up to Summit County or Vail.

noski

Why #1?

Since I choose to ski vicariously through you, I wonder if anyone wants to elaborate WHAT is the motivating factor for your #1 Destination choice.

Is it because you have never been- or it's been a long time and you are hearing good things? Is it because it is not yet crossed off your life-list? Just curious if anyone wants to go back and edit why the #1 choice.....

dmc

noski said:
Since I choose to ski vicariously through you, I wonder if anyone wants to elaborate WHAT is the motivating factor for your #1 Destination choice.

#1 Terrain, snow

Grassi21

noski said:

Is it because you have never been- or it's been a long time and you are hearing good things? Is it because it is not yet crossed off your life-list? Just curious if anyone wants to go back and edit why the #1 choice.....

I have never been to Park City or out West before. Also, a friend that we are going with has been to several mtns. out West and will act as our tour guide. My first time to Killington was a blast for the same reason, it helps when someone else picks the trails for you.

AdironRider

Crested Butte in late January or mid-March. Dont quite know the details yet.

My aunt has a condo there and their terrain is supposed to be some of the best in Colorado.