• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smugglers - never been - Lodging?

MommaBear

We are looking to do Smugglers and Bolton Valley for the first time to both, the first weekend in March - looking for suggestions on where to stay. Inexpensive, clean - family of 5 (3 "kids" older now - 16, 21, 24 - so harder to squeeze into one hotel room). Any lodging suggestions?

And once there, trail suggestions? Trees and bumps are favorites. Restaurants to check out or avoid?

TIA

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd recommend one of the extended stay Marriott properties in Williston. That will get you larger rooms for your group and puts you half way between Smuggs and Bolton. Easy access from there to the many great restaurants in downtown Burlington.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I recommend a condo @ Smuggs. It's not that expensive, and it's awesome waking up right at the mountain. As for restaurants, 158 Main is the only place in Jeffersonville that's a must try.

Tin

Brewster River Pub, order the Godzilla burger, best burger I've ever had anywhere. Think there are 5 meats on it, a fried egg, and lots of cheese.

o.jpg

nelsapbm

Was also going to suggest either the TownPlace Suites or the Sonesta ES Suites in Williston. The Green Mountain Suites on Dorset Street in South Burlington is another good option.

bdfreetuna

If you're on a budget the Hollow Inn @ Barre VT is a great deal for like $69 a night. Ask for a room in the main building. They are newly renovated and suites. Perfectly acceptable for the price and close enough to northern VT ski areas.

bdfreetuna

Was also going to suggest either the TownPlace Suites or the Sonesta ES Suites in Williston. The Green Mountain Suites on Dorset Street in South Burlington is another good option.

I went to Sonesta ES Suites a couple weeks ago. It was good for the price as well, no complaints.

gnardawg

Stay at the Burlington Hilton - the drive to Smuggs and Bolton isn't bad and you can walk to the Farmhouse and The Vermont Pub and Brewery.

MommaBear

We booked Sonesta ES - they had a 900sq ft loft that will nicely fit us all. And a winter sale going on. Add in the indoor pool and it edged out the TownPlace suites. :) Thanks so much for the recommendations!

nelsapbm

Good location right off 89 at the Williston exit. Used to be a Residence Inn by Marriott but was rebranded in the last year or so. Vermont Tap House is just down the road - good pizzas and good tap list. A bunch of chain restaurants too if that is your thing. For breakfast there is Dunkin Donuts and a Panera just down the road as well. Chef's Corner is great as well.
Have fun!

Bassil

How does Smuggs compare to Stowe?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone