• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cliff Jumping world record

skiNEwhere

Ugh. No Thanks. Dude definitely has balls though. That was a pretty narrow window. Jumping too far could've spelled disaster.

I did a 50 footer, once, into a swimming pool (albeit in the service and against my will) and that was good enough.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Not far from where I live are numerous abandoned slate quarries that have shear walls , some near 100' .
We would run off some of the lower ones , had great memories and 2 very scary ones , land wrong and your done .
Very deep water and a long swim to safety , lots of drownings over the years but still appealing to sneak in .

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
That's nearly 193 feet. Jamie Pierre jumped 255 ft. Fred Syversen beat that by surviving a 351 foot drop - (he didn't mean to do it). I jumped 30 feet once and it took me forever to work up the courage.

dlague

Not far from where I live are numerous abandoned slate quarries that have shear walls , some near 100' .
We would run off some of the lower ones , had great memories and 2 very scary ones , land wrong and your done .
Very deep water and a long swim to safety , lots of drownings over the years but still appealing to sneak in .

Land wrong is right!

23-year-old skier Matt Heffernan died while cliff jumping at Causey Reservoir, east of Salt Lake City, Utah on Friday. Matt had jumped off a cliff for the fifth time. He attempted a double backflip and landed in the water face first and did not return to the surface.

freeski

In Concord we used to swim at Swenson's Old #2. A huge quarry they took the granite from the Library of Congress in D.C. out of. One of the jumps was called Ballsy you had to jump out about 8 feet and was about 32' high. You had to run and couldn't see the water until you were in the air.

Below is Livermore Falls in Plymouth I've swam there many times and seen kids go off the bottom of the bridge, but the top is crazy. It's 100' and if you fall climbing out you're in trouble. People die there swimming; never heard of a death off the bridge.

skiNEwhere

I remember as a kid growing up in milton mass hearing about people constantly jumping into Quincy quarry. This is just nuts. Landing sounds very painful. I believe this quarry has since been filled in with dirt from the big dig

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I remember as a kid growing up in milton mass hearing about people constantly jumping into Quincy quarry. This is just nuts
After high school graduation a freind that moved away came back for a week . We watched a movie called "Braking Away "
He thought the quarry swimming scene looked like fun. I mentioned we swam in one nearby.
We went the next day and spent the rest of the week there. Lots of other kids there and girls jumping in Bikinis !
I don't know how they stayed on with the heights they were jumping from , 12' was lowest ,a 60' and the "point" 96'