• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

alpine zone ski team at Pats

Vortex

Time to start thinking about this again. Sign up is usually in Sept or Oct. There were questions on whom will be able to ski and whom would like to ski.
I have bowed out htis year due to work. The deal had been you arrive any time after 3pm and race starts at 6. Mondays' were done around 7.30. You can free ski until 9pm. Usually we hung in the lounge and watched the races on the video screen(yes you get taped) Alot of fun. Last year it was $650 per team and split between 7 team members.

I know Hammer wanst to join. Curious to see if there are any other folks that are out this year. so we can fill open spots.:beer:

roark

I'm still in. This is great fun and has does wonders for my skiing... nothing like getting your butt kicked by a bunch of fat old farts!

We'll really miss Bob R's times, not to mention him taking the lead organizing everything and communicating with Pat's. And especially the 'comraderie' between him & tree_skier. Not a bad guy to have a beer with either :beer:

Vortex

I'm still in. This is great fun and has does wonders for my skiing... nothing like getting your butt kicked by a bunch of fat old farts!

We'll really miss Bob R's times, not to mention him taking the lead organizing everything and communicating with Pat's. And especially the 'comraderie' between him & tree_skier. Not a bad guy to have a beer with either :beer:

Thankx Ball busting is cetainally more competive than the racing

. I'll still try to help set this up. I started it would like to see it keep going. Roark by far has improved the most. He also caught the bug bad. lori at Pats deserves alot of credit. support mountains that support AZ.:flag:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Pat's is only one hour from Ashland, so I may be game for this. How many race nights in a season? $650 divided 7 ways is $92 for the season which isn't bad. Been a while since my college racing days, but I think I can still carve my way around some gates.

roark

I, for one, would be thrilled to have you on the team Steve. IIRC it's 10 or 12 wks? The top 5 scores/team count, we try to have 7 (the max allowable) on our team. So if 1 or 2 people miss a week or 2 it's not that big of a deal (except we have to use my 2 pts instead of someone else's 4 or 5 :p).

roark

I'm assuming everyone but Bob from last year is in- is that true? Roll call?

Vortex

keep hammer in the loop he wanted in on this last year.

roark Ga2ski was willing to help. If you want to take it over be my guest. You helped out alot last eyar anyway. I just want it to contuniue. Kind of feel we owe it to pats almost. They really worked with us. Alot of cummincation went on off the radar.

support a moutnain that supports AZ.
I'll try and make a few nights to hang, just can't come every week with work.

Charlie is the one I thought may be up in the air. Probably worth a pm. I can't speak for him.

i posted all of this this mornign saw it and know its gone. so if it show up as a double post sorry.

Gald to see Steve is interested.

Vortex

Hammer did ask to join last year. I sent Ga2ski a note to pop over here. He travels alot these days. He should be able to add some light and give up an update on Scott. I'll send Charlie a pm. I really don't have alot of time right know. Tried to help a a little. bascially it comes down to someone paying for this in advacne signing up as captain, More work than it sounds though,

ga2ski

I'm in. I sent Scott an email. I can be the captain since i think I live the closest.

Details: 9 nights for regular season if I remember correctly. Then 1 night for playoffs.
1 night if you are one of the top 50 racers in all nights to race against Gunstock's top 50. 1 night for King of the hill (extra $10 if i remember) and is a top to bottom GS on Race Trail.

Vortex

I'm in. I sent Scott an email. I can be the captain since i think I live the closest.

Details: 9 nights for regular season if I remember correctly. Then 1 night for playoffs.
1 night if you are one of the top 50 racers in all nights to race against Gunstock's top 50. 1 night for King of the hill (extra $10 if i remember) and is a top to bottom GS on Race Trail.

I sent charlie a pm and an e-mail. He should pop in soon.

ga2ski

Scott says he is on the fence. He will race if needed, but would be happy to stay home/work as well. Mainly it is tough for him to get there from work.

So it looks like if Hammer and riverc0il want to race there should be room. I also I have friend at work that is most likely a definite. I will keep him as an alternative and allow people who post here to play first.

Vortex

Sounds very good. Charlie was on the fence casue of his injury. I should hear from him soon. Hammer and rivercOil would be great on the team. Scott gave us alot of points and is alot of fun, but if it was just a Az team that would be great. If not so be it.

End of my post here. Nice job guys.

tree_skier

Who you calling a fat old fart????????????????

I am in.

Bob I don't believe the work thing for a minute. just because you spent your youth trying to catch me and you still haven't even now that I am a "fat old fart" doesn't mean you have to quit.

Vortex

Who you calling a fat old fart????????????????

I am in.

Bob I don't believe the work thing for a minute. just because you spent your youth trying to catch me and you still haven't even now that I am a "fat old fart" doesn't mean you have to quit.

Its actually I'm scared that I can't keep up with fashion like you.:smash:

ow Dave you do have to pay for this, and again the correct amount would be nice also.:roll:

tree_skier

Bob my son may have outgrown his suit and I might be willing to sell it to you cheap. although you would have to check to see if it would go around but there is plenty for you heigth.