• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Advertising on AlpineZone.com

Do you find the advertising on AlpineZone.com relevant and unobtrusive?

• Yes, and I've visited some of the AlpineZone sponsors.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I've never clicked on an advertisement.

• No, and the advertising here annoys me.

• Not sure.

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
I'm curious here. I pride myself on having limited advertising on AlpineZone.com. The forums only have one banner ad at the top of the pages; the Home, Skiing, and Hiking sections have the banner and a right-hand content border as described here; and the Lodging and Gear section are self-supported via commission. The site also has no obtrusive pop-up/under ads (which with the new browsers and toolbars are proving ineffective anyway nowadays).

I hope that I've struck a balance with limited, relevant, and unobtrusive advertising which allows me to continue to run AlpineZone free of charge while developing and offering new features and services. Please participate in the poll and provide any relevant feedback in this thread.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I find the ads to be just right. I haven't clicked yet because it seems everytime I happen to look at the ad, it's for a ski resort and I don't ski. Right now the ad is for N'east magazine - Just what I don't need, another magazine in the house. :D I have ordered from Altrec however.