• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter time what hills will AZ people go to this season

Dickc

I have a Friday December 13 date with my back surgeon (kind of fitting day). This will be winter number 2 off the skis as my November of last year surgery did not do enough to clear me up. I am hoping that 20-21 will be a good year of skiing for me.

Smellytele

My plans include:
Cannon
Killington
Stowe
Sugarbush
MRG
Bolton
Wildcat
Bretton Woods
Waterville Valley
Sunday River
Loon
Smuggs
Alta (new to me)
Snowbird
Snowbasin (new to me)
Brighton or Solitude (new to me)
Pats Peak

Last edited:

asnowmobiler

Season pass at blue mountain and a booked trip to Snowshoe in early February.
A few trips to Vermont, NY and out west are still in the planning state.

BenedictGomez

Unfortunately with an infant I either need babysitting nearby or ideal near-mountain lodging, so I'm probably going to be confined to:

Jay Peak
Magic
Mont Sutton
Smuggler's Notch
Stowe

That's probably all I'll realistically get to, and perhaps not even Mont Sutton as I haven't researched international travel with babies, but I imagine I need a child passport, which I dont have.

drjeff

Got an Epic Local, and Ikon and a pass to Mount Southington in CT (where my kids race train and compete for their highschool). So in addition to a bunch of resorts in the East that their VT race schedule will take them that are on my passes, there are probably a few that I'll be buying a racer-parent ticket to as well.

Early guess for me for this year resorts wise is:

Mount Snow
Okemo
Killington
Pico
Stratton
Bromley
Sugarbush
Burke
Magic
Berkshire East
Jiminy Peak
Wachusett
Southington
Pat's Peak

My wife and I are still trying to figure out if we can get a long weekend out West this season as well.... Gotta wait until the kids race schedule is finalized to see if logistically we can pull that off!

KustyTheKlown

ikon - east
killington
stratton
sugarbush
sunday river
loon
sugarloaf (hopefully - its so far)

ikon-west
winter park
copper
a-basin
deer valley
alta
snowbird
brighton
solitude
crystal (maybe for MLK, tbd)

non-ikon east
magic
mrg
smuggs
gore
whiteface
burke
breton (maybe, its on the champlain card but blacked out saturdays)
plattekill (if a catskills storm hits and i dont want to go to vermont)

non-ikon west
powder mountain
snowbasin

bdfreetuna

most likely one or more days at the following..

Berkshire East
Wachusett
Mount Snow
Magic
Bromley
Stratton
Killington
Pico
Sugarbush Lincoln & Mt Ellen
Mad River Glen
Bolton Valley
Stowe
Smuggs
Jay Peak
Bretton Woods
Cannon
Gore
Whiteface

possibility of Tenney, Waterville & Middlebury Snow Bowl

machski

Unfortunately with an infant I either need babysitting nearby or ideal near-mountain lodging, so I'm probably going to be confined to:

Jay Peak
Magic
Mont Sutton
Smuggler's Notch
Stowe

That's probably all I'll realistically get to, and perhaps not even Mont Sutton as I haven't researched international travel with babies, but I imagine I need a child passport, which I dont have.
If you are driving, your child does not need a passport, just a birth certificate. This is straight from CBP website:
"I am traveling with an infant (U.S. OR Canadian citizen), and we have not yet received the birth certificate. What alternatives are there?

Each American citizen must possess his or her own passport. U.S. and Canadian citizen infants are not required to have a passport for travel by land or sea - although they are required to present a copy of a birth certificate and, if not traveling with both parents, the Department of State suggest a consent letter accompany the other parent(s) due to the rise in instances of child abduction in custody cases, and a growing number of children who are the victims of trafficking.

When U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 arrive by land or sea from Canada or Mexico they may present an original or copy of their birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Naturalization Certificate."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

K
Stowe
SB
Hunter
maybe MRG
Maybe Mt Snow
Alta/Snowbird
Park City/Canyons
St Anton
The rest is weather dependent..always want to go to JH

2Planker

The Cat
The River
Bretton Woods, plus trips to Mt Tremblant, & Chamonix. Possibly Taos in April

jimk

Congrats to Scotty on ski pass!

I will be skiing the mid-Atlantic early, then doing my annual geezer ski bum trip west for Feb-Apr. Will be skiing mostly at Snowbird, but also some other areas in the vicinity. Let me know by PM a little in advance if you're heading to Snowbird and could use an hour or two of guiding. Gotta make some turns again with the Trail Boss sometime this winter:spread:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Only significant change for me this year is the Epic Pass has allowed me to Swift our February break ski vacation from the MWV to Stowe. Stowe was home for many years. I've barely skied there at all in the past 15 years. So, it's nice to have an affordable way to get to enjoy Stowe again several days a season

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app