• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wind Holds?

Huck_It_Baby

NOAA says 37-40 mph West winds on Mansfield for tomorrow. Will this keep the quad from running? The lift doesn't go all the way to the top of the nose and is a little protected.

I don't want to reload my pass today only to show up for wind holds in the AM.

Any opinions from those who have experience at Stowe?

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mountsnow Facebook page says the Northface is on wind whole delay.:(

steamboat1

They had reported wind gusts of 125mph on top of Mansfield yesterday. The only lift that was on wind hold was the Sensation quad over on Big Spruce. All other scheduled lifts were spinning. There are no guarantees, I'm just saying.

ScottySkis

They had reported wind gusts of 125mph on top of Mansfield yesterday. The only lift that was on wind hold was the Sensation quad over on Big Spruce. All other scheduled lifts were spinning. There are no guarantees, I'm just saying.

That is a little bit of wind.

Huck_It_Baby

That's music to my ears steamboat! I saw the high winds yesterday. I think if it was coming from any other direction it would be a different story.

I'll skin if I have to but I have the flu and would prefer the lift.

Huck_It_Baby

Mountsnow Facebook page says the Northface is on wind whole delay.:(

On the positive side I think I saw Mt. Snow was supposed to pick up a decent helping of snow.

You getting out this weekend Scotty?

Huck_It_Baby

This is posted on the Stowe website:

"PLEASE NOTE-- ALL UPHILL TRAFFIC is prohibited on open and designated terrain during operating hours. This is for the safety of our customers. Thank you."

Yeah I saw that, thx. There are alternate routes or I could just go hike teardrop.

ScottySkis

:)
On the positive side I think I saw Mt. Snow was supposed to pick up a decent helping of snow.

You getting out this weekend Scotty?

Going to Mountsnow tomorrow, they are supposed to get some snow today:):)
NOAA calling for 3-7 inches of the great stuff today. And I just picked up my price chopper 3 mountain pass.

drjeff

3-4" so far and still snowing at Mount Snow- BIG winds moving stuff around! Lots of snowmaking all overvthe mtn

ScottySkis

3-4" so far and still snowing at Mount Snow- BIG winds moving stuff around! Lots of snowmaking all overvthe mtn

Sounds good for tomorrow.
How was the conditions and crowd today?

Last edited:

drjeff

Sounds good for tomorrow.
How was the conditions and crowd today?

Conditions were pretty good- much softer than I would of expected given Fridays rain and warmth Lines were a bit longer than I would of expected, but that had far more to do with the wind hold issues that the BIG winds of today caused- supposed to be much less wind tomorrow so lines shouldn't be as big a deal

steamboat1

NOAA says 37-40 mph West winds on Mansfield for tomorrow. Will this keep the quad from running? The lift doesn't go all the way to the top of the nose and is a little protected.

I don't want to reload my pass today only to show up for wind holds in the AM.

Any opinions from those who have experience at Stowe?

I think someone is having quite a day today. Stowe's reporting today 6"-10" overnight.

ScottySkis

Great snowy first day today at Mountsnow today report tomorrow me tired.:):):)

MadMadWorld

Surprisingly, Jay was NOT on wind hold at any point yesterday! They opened up tons of glades for the first time all year and I found plenty of places with 2 ft of powder. It was an unreal day.