• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon Works At Pico!

Zand

Guess my only question is can you use it at both Pico and K in the same day and it still only counts as 1 day?

jaybird

May want to save that for a week or so ..
Both will remain hideous until Ullr returns.

Edd

I somehow missed this thread last year. This is probably my only year with the Ikon so I’m psyched to hit Pico this season. Haven’t been in years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skicub

It’s always been on the docket to work there this year. Days are split between pico and killington, right?

KustyTheKlown

noway-thats-great-weve-landed-on-the-moon-uickmeme-com-no-way-thats-53610647.png

but really tho, your ikon is worth over $100 mid season at k. you can generally get a Pico ticket for like $35-$55 in advance/liftopia

Edd

The odds of me going to that area 5 times all season is low. I’m not crazy about Killington and prefer Pico’s low key vibe. I’d been under the assumption that Pico wasn’t an option on the Ikon so nice surprise for me.

boston_e

No reason I can think of but maybe I’m remembering it wrong. I thought I’d read here last season that the Ikon was good at K but not Pico.

Correct. I don't remember the exact timeframe, but initially IKON was only valid at Killington and not Pico. That has since changed.

boston_e

Why wouldn't it be?

Initially Alterra only wanted “Iconic” mountains on their pass and they didn’t think Pico fit into the profile of what they wanted.

After hearing feedback from their customer base, Killington management told Alterra there was a demand for Pico in their customer base and Alterra agreed.

urungus

Do Ikon passholders get 5/7 days at Killington + 5/7 days at Pico, for a total of 10/14 days ? or 5/7 days total ?

crazy

Initially Alterra only wanted “Iconic” mountains on their pass and they didn’t think Pico fit into the profile of what they wanted.

After hearing feedback from their customer base, Killington management told Alterra there was a demand for Pico in their customer base and Alterra agreed.

You're completely correct. I'm one of the people who reached out to Alterra at the beginning of last season to let them know that I would prefer it if I could ski at either K or Pico during my allotted days. Clearly others felt the same. It works out great for Powdr if someone uses an Ikon day at Pico.

I agree with Kusty though, skiing at K is a much better value. I also try and save some K days for the late season when they're the only game in town.