AZ Challenge 2011: Win Smith of Sugarbush

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up AZ Challenge 2011: Win Smith of Sugarbush

Win Smith, President of Sugarbush, has agreed to participate in the 2011 AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge!

The AlpineZone Challenge is your chance to offer up questions, suggestions or praise to the people who run the mountains in the northeast. For more information on the challenge itself, please see the stickied post at the top of the forum.

We will pick ten of the questions asked here and submit them for review and response, and post them in the Challenge area when complete!

Caveats: we may edit/change your question for grammar, tone, or something similar. Questions may be merged. If we don't get to all the questions, we will encourage followup from the representatives, but no promises.

Please be respectful as well to those answering questions - please refrain from asking specifics about skier visit numbers, financials, demographic information, etc. as these may be confidential to the mountain.

Sugarbush Profile

2009 AlpineZone Challenge Results
    2007 AlpineZone Challenge Results
    2006 AlpineZone Challenge Results
    2005 AlpineZone Challenge Results
    2004 AlpineZone Challenge Results
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

There has been Sugarbush master plan renderings in the recent past with significant upgrades including lift/trail expansions.

I was particularly excited about two new trail pods and lifts in the renderings for Mt. Ellen; the expanded terrain above Inverness and a lift going down into the Lower FIS valley.

Do you have a realistic time table for when these projects will move forward?

Is the Lincoln Peak Village now complete, or is there a further phase to be built? With the added capacity of the two new buildings added last year, will the valley house lodge continue to be utilized in the future or are its days numbered?

Win, thanks for several great seasons at Sugarbush.

Any more thoughts to extending Mount Ellen's season, especially in seasons like the last two when there was more snow on Mount Ellen side compared to Lincoln Peak?

With the proposed long-term expansions at Mount Ellen, are there any plans to expand or replace the Ellen Base Lodge?

When can we expect the older doubles, such as Valley House, Village, and Sunny D, to be retired and replaced with new lifts?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

As I understand it, Slidebrook Basin was not able to be developed into ski slopes due to Black Bear Habitat. However, you guys were able to secure a permit to operate guided back country tours in there. Is there a possibility in the future that Slidebrook could be opened up to everyone similar to bracket basin at Sugarloaf? I understand this would require the installation of lifts and trail network to enable people to return to Lincoln Peak or Mt. Ellen.
    2018-2019

TBD

Any thoughts about doing a Sugarbush MRG interconnect. There was a lift line cut at one time from the top of Inverness to MRG that has long since overgrown.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Any thoughts about doing a Sugarbush MRG interconnect. There was a lift line cut at one time from the top of Inverness to MRG that has long since overgrown.
    You can still see the lift line in question on google earth. Was that done by ASC?
    2018-2019

TBD

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    I can't help myself... That would be blasphemy if a boarder ever ended up on the dark side!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Are there any plans to bring more nightlife to the area? The only thing I didn't like about my trip to Sugarbush a few years ago was that everything seemed to close @630. There seemed to be a lack of things for even family's to do at night.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    You can still see the lift line in question on google earth. Was that done by ASC?
    I think that was done long before asc was a glint in less ottens eye

Thread Information