• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Challenge 2011: Eric Friedman of Mad River Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Eric Friedman, Marketing Director at Mad River Glen, has agreed to participate in the 2011 AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge!

The AlpineZone Challenge is your chance to offer up questions, suggestions or praise to the people who run the mountains in the northeast. For more information on the challenge itself, please see the stickied post at the top of the forum.

We will pick ten of the questions asked here and submit them for review and response, and post them in the Challenge area when complete!

Caveats: we may edit/change your question for grammar, tone, or something similar. Questions may be merged. If we don't get to all the questions, we will encourage followup from the representatives, but no promises.

Please be respectful as well to those answering questions - please refrain from asking specifics about skier visit numbers, financials, demographic information, etc. as these may be confidential to the mountain.

Mad River Glen Profile

2007 AlpineZone Challenge Results
2006 AlpineZone Challenge Results
2005 AlpineZone Challenge Results
2004 AlpineZone Challenge Results

xlr8r

Could you please comment on the the relationship between Mad River and Sugarbush? You are competitors but also seem to work together very well for the benefit and growth of the valley.

steamboat1

Two things. Any chance of bringing back the wooden fenced lift line coral at the base of the single chair? It added to lift line experience & was so much better than simply roping it off.

How about bringing back the wool poncho's for riding the single on those cold days. Your customers very much appreciated them.

Otherwise don't change a thing. Everything else is perfect.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Could you please comment on the the relationship between Mad River and Sugarbush? You are competitors but also seem to work together very well for the benefit and growth of the valley.

I want to build on this point. What happened to the pass reciprocity between MRG and Sugarbush? Will this limited reciprocity ever come back?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Does or has MRG considered either restricting ticket sales or increasing the daily rate on weekends? I've only skied there on weekends during the past several years and the 45 minute lines for the Single are a major bummer. It would appear on weekends that the demand exceeds the supply. Given MRG's limited uphill capacity, I'm wondering if anything can be done to improve upone the experience for the weekend skier.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Does or has MRG considered either restricting ticket sales or increasing the daily rate on weekends? I've only skied there on weekends during the past several years and the 45 minute lines for the Single are a major bummer. It would appear on weekends that the demand exceeds the supply. Given MRG's limited uphill capacity, I'm wondering if anything can be done to improve upone the experience for the weekend skier.

I thought I read somewhere that they did....back in the day....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Are Co-op Shares still available at MRG? If so, what are the current upfront costs for new share holders? What are the annual financial commitments and benefits to share holders? If new shares are not for sale, can they be resold by current share holders?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Has the recent decision by Taos in New Mexico to allow snowboarding resulted in any renewed discussion of doing the same at MRG? What about the economy? I would imagine in this economy someone has at least looked at the potential revenue allowing snowboarding would bring to the area.

Magog Fishy

Only major issue I have is the parking situation, especially during a snowstorm -- it often can be treacherous to maneuver around crammed in cars to find a space. I generally buy tickets ahead of time online but cannot always get to the mountain early. IIRC, the co-op has repeatedly said it will not increase the parking. Any plans to reconsider this?

Keep up the good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.