• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thoughts on Road Biking in Boston

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
I'm semi-rural, but use a Trek 3900 with 2" tires as my road bike. Roads are shot. I had a Motobecane Team Champion that I rode from Ct. to Winooski Vt. to Miami, Fl. years back.....now that I'm older and wiser my retirement road trip will be most likely on a FS 29'er MTB. More pedaling, less flat and rim fixing, and happier ass cheeks.

Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
More pedaling, less flat and rim fixing, and happier ass cheeks.

This either sounds like a road biking bumper sticker or something you read on the bathroom wall at a rest area.

And you sir are an animal. I haven't met anyone who has biked from VT to FL and lived to tell about it. When you're back in Boston for your tour be sure to let me know and I'll give you a tour of some suburban singletrack.

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
Miami ended it

Went down A1A in Florida. Beer drinking while driving was (is??) legal, and on occasion a bud bottle would get tossed our way, with some a-hole comment from bubba the retard trucker. Ended up getting run off the road in S. Miami, down a ditch, trashed a rim. Drivers and disco down there made me realize my destination was a bad choice.