• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T.J.Maxx - 11/12 season

dartmouth01

Hmm, I may have to check that out tomorrow!

I checked over the weekend and the attleboro TJMaxx had 1 RPK jacket in XL and 1 RPK pant in XL as well. Too big for me. the price was $199 I think for each. Is that a good price tho? I liked the construction of the jacket, felt very well made.

On a separate topic, anyone seen any good gear for women as well? the gf is looking for some pants and a longer jacket for snowboarding, but the only things I see are some Marmot soft shells. There was a HH pant at the Attleboro store but it was way too big for her.

Several Cloudveil RPK jackets in the Downtown Crossing, Boston store, sizes med and large, blue and yellow for anyone in the Boston area that's looking.

jrmagic

jrmagic

Hmm, I may have to check that out tomorrow!

I checked over the weekend and the attleboro TJMaxx had 1 RPK jacket in XL and 1 RPK pant in XL as well. Too big for me. the price was $199 I think for each. Is that a good price tho? I liked the construction of the jacket, felt very well made.

On a separate topic, anyone seen any good gear for women as well? the gf is looking for some pants and a longer jacket for snowboarding, but the only things I see are some Marmot soft shells. There was a HH pant at the Attleboro store but it was way too big for her.

Other than a closeout, I haven't seen the jacket priced under $250 and in some cases over $300 so yeah I'd say $199 is a good deal. Can't speak for the women's stuff but I don;t see why they wouldn't have decent women's gear as well.

skiahman

The price in Boston for the RPK was $199 as it should be for all TJMaxx's. That's a great price for a $400 jacket. Was up there again today and they were still there, crying out to me "buy me, buy me" but I resisted. I really need new skis.

dartmouth01

Uggh, I can hear it from here! I actually bought a green O'Neill snowboarding jacket from TJMaxx already (you may have seen it on the racks too) for $99, that fits great, has all the features I can think of (except removable hood) and is two layers. I just have it in the back of my mind that I want Goretex gear. I've had goretex stuff in the past, and all the stuff performed amazingly well. I'll probably be happy with the O'Neill, but the RPK is a steal (well, relatively speaking I guess). The debate now rages....

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going that direction on Fri, so maybe I'll swing in to take a look and try on the large, if its still there.

The price in Boston for the RPK was $199 as it should be for all TJMaxx's. That's a great price for a $400 jacket. Was up there again today and they were still there, crying out to me "buy me, buy me" but I resisted. I really need new skis.

kickstand

kickstand

Came across this on the net. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.... Looks like a medium
http://www.klmountainshop.com/cloudveil-rpk-prka-2008.html

Never seen that color before. I wonder if it may have been a promo/display item. The ones I had been looking for were Sienna and some grey-ish color, not sure what they called it. Thanks for posting, though.

Well, I'll be damned - look what I found.....

http://store.gearjunkie.com/products/cloudveil_rpk_jacket_mens.html

I wouldn't pay those prices at this point, but it looks like the ones I was looking for are still out there. Starting to wonder where they were when I was still looking.......

〽❄❅

you guys check out the reviews -

complaints about front zipper issues on those RPK jackets.

I tried on the RPK in a size L, fit was closer to a Marmot M except sleeves were longer. Inside back of the jacket has a span of a roll like strip of fabric a bit below the neck line. It's designed as a snow stop, the bulk was uncomfortable for me. I have enough of a time buying base layers, shirts, etc that don't overlap in the same place when layered. Yea i know, princess and the pea, whatever, thought i'd point it out to you guys. I did buy the RPK pants.

jrmagic

wa-loaf

Well, I'll be damned - look what I found.....

http://store.gearjunkie.com/products/cloudveil_rpk_jacket_mens.html

I wouldn't pay those prices at this point, but it looks like the ones I was looking for are still out there. Starting to wonder where they were when I was still looking.......

That's the RPK from 2 seasons ago. I have the blue one as seen in my avatar. I bought it for just over $200 from KL Mountainshop. They have/had a Cloudveil only store with a bunch of it at pretty good prices. The newer versions of the jacket have a full storm flap in front and lost the pass holder pocket on the sleeve.

jrmagic

Stopped by the Max in NYC and noticed that they marked down their winter gear. Not much stock in this one but they did ahve the RPK marked down to $150 which is a fantastic deal.

Last edited:

kickstand

Stopped by the Max in NYC and noticed that they marked down their winter gear. Not much stock in this one but they did ahve the RPK marked down to $150 which is a fantastic deal.

I was at the one in Woburn, MA last week and found one blue RPK in XL for $150. I was VERY tempted, but resisted. I might swing back one more time. If its still there, it was meant to be....

Chinalfr

I'm new here. I have been able to score some Burton's jackets and pants (some colored match) over the last 2 years @ TjMaxx/Marshall. I usually do not look into spyder, cloudveil, columbia, etc. Sounds like a few preference on cloudveil. Is this brand highly recommended?

The TJMaxx @ North Conway seems to have good selection of ski wear.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

tekweezle

Tj maxx is still one of the best places to get discount ski wear. Picked up some nice cloudveil windproof layer jacket-Saratoga 2 for 39.00 no tax. Regular retail was 140$. Searched online and cheapest I could find was 56$.

I know it's supposed to be cheap made in China crap but the construction on the jacket is pretty nice.

Oh well, ready for next season....

Sent from my Htc Incredible via tapatalk....