• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T.J.Maxx - 11/12 season

BenedictGomez

I saw some snowshoes at a TJ Maxx last year in NJ. Assumed they must have been low-end, but when I got home and looked online I saw the suckers were like $250 snowshoes they were selling for <$100.

gmcunni

I saw some snowshoes at a TJ Maxx last year in NJ. Assumed they must have been low-end, but when I got home and looked online I saw the suckers were like $250 snowshoes they were selling for <$100.

i saw those too and cursed myself for not getting them. with all the snow we had in CT last season it would have been fun just to walk out in the neighborhood.

bvibert

Staff member
i saw those too and cursed myself for not getting them. with all the snow we had in CT last season it would have been fun just to walk out in the neighborhood.

Just wait until you see what the blizzards this year are going to bring!

gmcunni

Just wait until you see what the blizzards this year are going to bring!

no shit, that's why i got a jeep!!

jeep.gif

Glenn

My wife and I picked up two pairs of "Thunder Bay" showshoes at Job Lot a few years ago. They're nothing fancy, but they do work great. It's awesome to hike in the woods when the snow is 2+ feet deep...and you only drop down a few inches.

ctenidae

TJ Maxx- don't go there if you need something, but they just might have something you want.

Same applies to Building 19 and Ocean State Job Lot. Love those stores.

gmcunni

checked out a local TJMaxx yesterday while out for lunch. a few more fleeces and a softshell or two. i did grab a lightweight base layer shirt.. perfect for spring skiing under a tshirt. $10 and a very bright color :-D

o3jeff

checked out a local TJMaxx yesterday while out for lunch. a few more fleeces and a softshell or two. i did grab a lightweight base layer shirt.. perfect for spring skiing under a tshirt. $10 and a very bright color :-D

How about today's update? ;)

Costco's does have Woolrich fleece jackets for $20, I picked one up over the weekend.

gmcunni

How about today's update? ;)

Costco's does have Woolrich fleece jackets for $20, I picked one up over the weekend.

i was at coscto last weekend and didn't see them. i did spend a small fortune anyway. they did have generators for $750 - $1000 if anyone is looking for hurricane insurance ( i did not partake, we never lost power during the storm anyway).

o3jeff

i was at coscto last weekend and didn't see them. i did spend a small fortune anyway. they did have generators for $750 - $1000 if anyone is looking for hurricane insurance ( i did not partake, we never lost power during the storm anyway).

I was at the Waterbury one, they were right next to the door and also had some Blackdiamond soft shells.

I saw the generators too and was tempted, but will just watch Craigs list for a used one.

Will probably stop at the TJ Maxx in Southington on my way home tonight and see if they have anything out yet.

o3jeff

Nothing much in the Southington store other than a few Columbia fleece jackets, CB soft shells and a couple pairs of snowboard socks.

wa-loaf

Levelninesports has some sweet coudveil jackets for cheap right now.

HD333

Saw a Mountain Hard Wear Octans (I think was the model) fleece in Marshalls today in Back Bay. Right size and only fifty bucks but the last thing I need is more fleece.

MR. evil

TJ Max in Westfield MA had a bunch of Marker and Columbia stuff. Also a bunch of stuff from company's I have never heard of, but the quality seemed on par or better than the Columbia stuff there. I picked up a couple of fleeces and a light weight jacket for spring skiing.

MR. evil

Just checked the stuff I got, it's by a company called Avalanch. I didn't get a fleece, it's a base layer.

o3jeff

TJ Max in Westfield MA had a bunch of Marker and Columbia stuff. Also a bunch of stuff from company's I have never heard of, but the quality seemed on par or better than the Columbia stuff there. I picked up a couple of fleeces and a light weight jacket for spring skiing.

Wtf, they better not have the same Marker coat I just bought for cheaper....

Did you call gmcunni to let him know to get up there quick that they had ski stuff!

MR. evil

Wtf, they better not have the same Marker coat I just bought for cheaper....

Did you call gmcunni to let him know to get up there quick that they had ski stuff!

Send me a picture of your Marker coat and I will let you know. I almost craved one of the Marker coats at TJ Maxx but I really didn't need one.