• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T.J.Maxx - 11/12 season

gmcunni

big shopping day for me tomorrow.

suburban to check out boots
play it again to check out skis/boots for daughter
tj maxx (a couple of them) for assorted ski-wear stuff

gmcunni

You haven't given up on TJ Maxx yet?

oh, i've given up but that won't stop me from dropping in to check out what's there.

my last visit i picked up a nice fleece-like shirt.. good for mid-weight under a shell but stylish enough to wear on its own too.

i also get bonus points with my daughter if i take here there.

o3jeff

oh, i've given up but that won't stop me from dropping in to check out what's there.

my last visit i picked up a nice fleece-like shirt.. good for mid-weight under a shell but stylish enough to wear on its own too.

i also get bonus points with my daughter if i take here there.

I grabbed a couple fleece quarter zip shirts at Bj's for around $14, wore one to work today.

gmcunni

big shopping day for me tomorrow.

suburban to check out boots
play it again to check out skis/boots for daughter
tj maxx (a couple of them) for assorted ski-wear stuff

suburban - bust
tjmaxx (farmington) - nice under armor jacket that tempted me but i passed. also a nice marker i'd have considered if i needed a jacket (I'm looking for pants)
play-it-again sports (southington) - crap selection.
tjmaxx (southington) - power was out when i got there and they wouldn't let me look around

all in all, a ginormous waste of a day

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

big bust this year all around!

Yesterday at Marshalls (same company as TJ Maxx) they finally had some good stuff.

I scored Bolle goggles for $25, and a really nice Hines fleece inside/polyester outside layer for $13 (only 1left in my size or I would have backed up the truck).

They also had:

Bern Watts EPS helmets for ONLY $50 (a steal).
Lots of Under Armour, Skull Candy, Columbia jackets
Columbia ski pants
Marker pants (great quality and a steal at $50, but the legs just seemed awkwardly big on me :( )
Socks for $10
Gloves from at least 3 or 4 different manufacturers, reasonably priced

So if you're near a Marshalls it may be time to strike.

EDIT: Also, the gf scored a really nice pair of Burton mittons with glove liner inserts for $30 at TJ Maxx (normally $65).

BenedictGomez

Nother' Marshall's report. This one last night in Bridgewater, NJ

Marmott, Scott, and Marker gloves, all at $35, originally $65. The Scotts are a really nice quality ski glove in particular.

Marker and Columbia pants, both at $50, originally $100 (scored a Columbia pair, pretty nice).

Base layers aplenty (various brands), for about $13 to $16, originally in the $30s.

Ski hats aplenty, didnt check brands or prices. Only 1 stray pair of Bolle goggles left, and no helmets at this location.

Is the Flemington one on 202?

Yes, 202/31 technically.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Lots of base layers, terramar and weatherproof. Columbia jackets, a few cloudveil hardshell goretex pants but those were like still $179. I scored a leather palmed, grandoe goretex glove for $30. They don't seem the warmest ever, but they are quite nice and with a liner they'll be toasty. Also bolle goggles for $25.

BenedictGomez

TJ Maxx of Clinton, NJ (last night)

Lots of Bolle goggles at $17, $25, $35, (red, yellow, clear) and a few women's pairs at $65 (originally $120)

Columbia, Marker, Burton jackets

Four or five different companies base layers, as well as Layer 8 and Hind fleece/poly gear

Marker gloves, Scott gloves and mittens, Burton mittens. Tons of hats.

Rushski

In the store Tyngsboro, MA store and talked to a woman working there who said they were putting out anything they got, when they got it. But NOT doing an event out of it.

From what they had, taht about summed it up. Base layers, hats, gloves, a few goggles, some Columbia and maybe a better quality jacket or two in smaller sizes.

o3jeff

The Marshall's in Plainville had a lot of base layers from Rossignol, Marmot and some no name brands along with gloves from Marmot and a lot of Columbia fleeces and a couple Under Armor bright green ski jackets.