• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T.J.Maxx - 11/12 season

〽❄❅

Hit the St Davids/Villanova TJ's again, found one size Large 3ply gore-tex Cloudveil RPK jacket. Also spotted a few 2ply gore-tex Marmont Cervino jackets for $150

Mildcat

Couldn't keep my wallet in my pocket anymore. Bought a nice red Cloudveil RPK Jacket at the Greendale Mall TJ Maxx. Normally I wear a small Jacket but they didn't have smalls and the medium fit pretty good. They still had some Lg and Xl left if anyone is interested. :snow:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I keep popping in to the TJs along my travel routes (Peabody, Rowley, Seabrook) and hoping one of those Cloudveils show up. Nope. Crapola for the most part with the occasional Marmot soft shell, which I really don't need.

Mildcat

Oh, forgot to add, i returned the Marker Jacket a couple weeks ago. Good jacket for the price but I wanted something better.

Mildcat

I keep popping in to the TJs along my travel routes (Peabody, Rowley, Seabrook) and hoping one of those Cloudveils show up. Nope. Crapola for the most part with the occasional Marmot soft shell, which I really don't need.

Which size are you looking for? Greendale has some and a couple weeks ago Shoppers World had them in Lg and Xl.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Large

but you know, I walk into these stores somewhat happy they don't have something nice. I really don't need a new jacket, mine has served me fine for the past two seasons. I just want one. :lol:

If it were in red, I probably wouldn't be interested. Not really a fan.

Thanks for asking though :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm pretty much in DHS' boat. I don't need anything so I am staying away so I don't get anymore wild ideas. One only needs to look at my man cave to see that I have more than enough outdoor clothing and gear. A great thing about where I am now is that the SLC Patagonia Outlet is 1.5 miles away. The bad thing is that the SLC Patagonia Outlet is 1.5 miles away. Two killer sales there in the last few months--both 40-50% off storewide and with new stock coming in (and in their overflow space). I scored a Slopestyle 2.0 Hoody (softshell) that was originally like $150 for $40:

29851_613.fpx

Bought some nice Christmas gifts for my new daughter as well for like 80% off. And I got a Phil's Fleece Jacket for $35 instead of $150.

Yeah, my wife killed me...and my credit cards are on lock down! :lol:

wa-loaf

Large

but you know, I walk into these stores somewhat happy they don't have something nice. I really don't need a new jacket, mine has served me fine for the past two seasons. I just want one. :lol:

If it were in red, I probably wouldn't be interested. Not really a fan.

Thanks for asking though :)

Northborough has some recently. In the same center as the new Wegmans at Rt9 and 20.

〽❄❅

The three layer gore tex Cloudveil's are nice jackets, i'm still looking for a Medium, only finding Marmot two layer performance gore tex Cervino and Mainline jackets in all sizes. I did the store locator search and noticed a few have a R = "the runway at maxx" whatever that means but the Saint Davids store is one of those and they seem to get lots of hi end merchandise, so, i'm going to try and hit the other two.

BenedictGomez

Was at the T.J. Maxx in St. Albans, VT this weekend, and it became obvious that they sent a TON more of their ski stuff up there than they do at the stores in NY, NJ, PA.

Several rows of ski jackets and pants from tons on manufacturers, including Cloudveil. Wound up getting a really cool blue pair of Columbia snow pants for $40. Tons of winter socks, gloves, etc.

jrmagic

Hit one in Manhattan today. Had several Cloudveil RPKs in LG and XL. Also had an awesome Orage soft shell but it was in lavander:roll: I can't see me wearing that color with any regularity.

Anyone have the RPK?? I've never owned the lower end Gortex stuff.

kickstand

Hit one in Manhattan today. Had several Cloudveil RPKs in LG and XL. Also had an awesome Orage soft shell but it was in lavander:roll: I can't see me wearing that color with any regularity.

Anyone have the RPK?? I've never owned the lower end Gortex stuff.

Do you remember the colors on the RPK, by any chance?

kickstand

Sounds like the leftovers from last year. I was hoping, even though a pipe dream, they might have some from the prior season. I looked high and low at the end of 2009-2010 for one of two colors and they were nowhere to be found, even in small.

Thanks....

jrmagic

My son had LAX practice in the lcoal dome last night so stopped into the TJMaxx next door for a quick peak and they had more stock than the one in the city. Some more Cloudvail gear including RPK jacket and pants, Marker pants, Burton gear, lots of gloves including some leather options and Goretex treated options, base layers etc. I had to get my son home so I didn't buy anything but I will be heading there this weekend.

o3jeff

I didn't want to make a new thread but I did see that Bj's has a Mountain Hardware 650 down jacket for $135 and noticed that Costco in NH had a North Face one for around the same price.