• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Passes

adamh

Is there somewhere I can find, or does someone know of, all the New England ski resort season pass deals that cover several mountains? I know Sunday River/Loon/Sugarloaf have one (too far for me to drive from Rhode Island on a regular basis) and I know Attitash/Wildcat have a few options. Are there any others around?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Adam--

You're right. There are some passes that cover a company's resorts in New England. If variety is your aim, those would include the Boyne Pass (Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon) and now the Peak Resort's offerings (Snow, Crotched, Attitashm and Wildcat). With the addition of Wildcat, Peaks really offers a better variety than it used to. There is also the Triple Peaks Resorts (Okemo, Sunapee, and discounts with Intrawest's Stratton).

Beyond that it gets trickier. I say that because most places now give you reciprocal deals when you buy a pass to just their mountain. This requires you to commit to one mountain, but with those perks and deals you can get the benefits. Some examples of this include Burke and Jay that negotiate deals with nearby areas for their passholders. Another program, which I am not sure still exists, is the "Peaks of Distinction" (or something like that) program that was a network of resorts that offered deals to each other's passholders (e.g. Wachusett, Jay, Sunapee, etc.). If you go this route, figure out where you ski the most (as you should with any pass) and contact the mountain to see what perks they offer.

The last option is that many places are now getting in on offering special day rates for "passholders of other mountains," usually after the President's Week. This can be hit or miss, but I know that again Burke, Jay, and other places ran this type of deal and it is a nice option.

Most important should be what place you can get to most often and that you enjoy the most before buying a pass. Good luck.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And though not a "season pass" per se, but both NH and Vermont Ski Areas Associations sell pass booklets that get you a ticket or two to each resort in the state.

You might also contact Billski because his spearheads ticket sales for his ski club and they offer good deals with many resorts. Again, these are discount day tickets.

frapcap

Is there somewhere I can find, or does someone know of, all the New England ski resort season pass deals that cover several mountains? I know Sunday River/Loon/Sugarloaf have one (too far for me to drive from Rhode Island on a regular basis) and I know Attitash/Wildcat have a few options. Are there any others around?

It doesn't cover multiple mountains, but there is always the Wachusett option since you don't want to travel far out of RI.
http://www.wachusett.com/TicketsPasses/SeasonalPasses/CenturyPasses/tabid/95/Default.aspx

Or you could always hitch a ride with a couple of us (Shock) from the area to the bigger stuff.

adamh

What would you consider to be a reasonable drive from RI?

I travel anywhere in New England typically, don't get me wrong. But for me to get any sort of season pass, I wouldn't want the drive to be much more than 4 hours, which really just knocks off the northern most ski areas.

steamboat1

You might also contact Billski because his spearheads ticket sales for his ski club and they offer good deals with many resorts. Again, these are discount day tickets.

Many of the ski areas now want to see a ski club membership card or they won't honor the ski club discount tickets. I believe many of these tickets being offered for sale on e-bay is the reason for this policy. Also in the past you could return any unused ski club discount tickets for new ones for the next season at most resorts for a small upgrade fee. That's not the case any more with most areas only accepting a small percentage of them for return if at all so it's basically a use-em or lose-um policy now. I assuming Billski gets the same bulk discount tickets that I get through my ski club which they purchase through either the Metropolitan Ski or NJ Ski Councils.