• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you wear your ski pants in the Car?

Shock

My ski pants are way more comfortable than my jeans. I wear them on the way up and back, no matter how obnoxiously bright blue they are.

Geoff

I boot up in the condo.

On a road trip solo, I usually multitask for the last 15 minutes of the drive so I hit the parking lot ready to go except for ski boots.

jaja111

I wear ski pants the whole day, from leaving my house to returning to it. I don't care about "fashion", I'm not likely to forget them and have to wear texas gortex, and it enables me to have a beer and relax when we get there and get acclimated to the cold outside, while I wait for the fashionistas in my group to change in the disease hut.

Black Phantom

I wear ski pants the whole day, from leaving my house to returning to it. I don't care about "fashion", I'm not likely to forget them and have to wear texas gortex, and it enables me to have a beer and relax when we get there and get acclimated to the cold outside, while I wait for the fashionistas in my group to change in the disease hut.

So you 'ski' in jeans?

BenedictGomez

If I'm staying <= one hour from the hill, then yes I wear my pants in the car. If it's a 3 hour trip to the Catskills, hell no.

Brewbeer

I wear a poly pro base layer and a pair of shorts for the car trip. Change socks and pull on ski pants (and boots) in the car in the parking lot. Schelping a bunch of stuff to change in a hot crowded lodge is unkind.

jimmywilson69

I live 10 miles from my local hill. I absolutely wear ski pants. I tried driving in ski boots, and it obviously didn't go so well. My son is fully geared up except for jacket and gloves.

I can be walking to the lift within 5 minutes once I park.

VR17

Always wear ski pants on the way to a ski area if the drive is one hour or less, never wear ski socks, put them on in the lodge. Used to live near a small local hill that was 10 minutes away, wore my Alpine boots for the drive but it was a little tricky with a Tacoma 5 speed but managable. Could be on the lift within 2 minutes of parking. Always change into jeans for the ride home/ not a big deal about getting into the house fast for dinner.

neil

I just wear all my snowboarding gear on the way up and down. Same pants, same socks, same everything. I did once drive for a short distance in my snowboard boots too.

I absolutely hate waiting 30 minutes for the idiot who insists on changing completely in the lodge. What a nightmare.