• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

10/7- Cannon/Kinsmans loop & Tecumseh. 10/8 - Carrigan

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
OKAY here is my plan:

SATURDAY

TRIP 1: Begin Saturday at approx 4AM at lafayette campground. Begin ascent up lonesome lake tr to fishing jimmy to kinsman ridge. Hit North peak, then go to south then back to north. Pass over cannon balls to cannon along ridge trail. Reverse direction and descent Hi-cannon trail back to car.

TRIP 2: Ideally start at 2pm at the latest depends on how long trip 1 takes! Begin ascent up Tecumseh from parking lot at WV ski area (Tecumseh Tr). This is about 2.5 miles so should take about 1:30. Return to base via same trail, eat dinner probably at Latitudes cafe'.

SUNDAY

TRIP 1: Begin at negotiable time (I like to start day 2 hikes from 6-8AM) from the historic Sawyer river valley. follow Signal Ridge trail directly to the summit. Follow trail back to car.

If anyone is interested I can give a more details. I have not really computed vertical estimates and horizontal estimates yet. I have broken this up into 3 distinct hikes for flexability.. I dont really expect anyone to be interested in the kinsman/cannon loop cause I will be starting very early. Techumseh and Carrigan are more likely to be interesting to people.

FORECAST FOR BOTH DAYS IS SUNNY!

--Marc