• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Challenge 2011 Results: Smuggler's Notch

xlr8r

I guess don't expect any new lifts for a while. Doubles aren't going anywhere.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I am a little surprised by Steve's answer to DHS's question regarding Smuggs being off the map for expert skiers. I've only skied Smuggs a small handful of times and only discovered it two years ago after it largely being off my map.

True, I eventually found it. But had I found it a dozen years ago, I would absolutely have skied there a lot. It certainly would have a been a season pass consideration against Jay when I lived in StJ and the Bash Badge would have been a no brainer for at least three years before I started going after my List.

Bottom line is Smuggs probably lost over $1k in revenue these past dozen years by my not thinking it was a top expert mountain. Now I put it in my top three in New England having experienced it. I think Smuggs is missing out on some expert marketing potential. But if they market the expert tough stuff too much, do they risk alienating their bread and butter? I think having it both ways in marketing is difficult. But Smuggs is truly uniquely situatated in that regard. I can't think of another mountain that has such depth from never ever to true ski anything expert.