• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dropping Equip. from Chairlift

jtmunlimited

Hey Guys,
Just to let all of you know on my progress, I have currently just over 100 results on my survey. Thanks you so much for your help. My goal is to reach 200 results sometime soon. I don't know if any of you are active in other ski forums, but if you would like to make me a huge favor, please post the link to my survey in another forum. This is just if you want to and I know I can't expect that from all of you. But also, to help me out you can also send the link to friends and family. The link is still:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/drop_equipment2

Thank you all so much for your help and feedback.
Mike

jtmunlimited

As in the safety bar? Yes I have heard of it. And if you are talking about the safety bar it doesn't really apply because I've never seen a safety bar that could hold your gloves and poles. But if that exists, please prove me wrong.

SIKSKIER

The only thing I dropped off the chair was a new bag of...I wasn't going to patrol to ask them to retrieve that.No sign of it on the way down.Maybe a glove compartment would be in order.

Cannonball

The only thing I dropped off the chair was a new bag of...I wasn't going to patrol to ask them to retrieve that.No sign of it on the way down.Maybe a glove compartment would be in order.

Interesting. At Cannon I assume? Here's a story you'll appreciate then (although not exactly dropping from a lift).....

Sitting in the bottom tram lodge at the end of the day, one of my buddies apparently dropped something (similar to your loss). Back at the condo we were pretty bummed to find that it was gone. The next morning we are sitting on the same couches in the tram building and a Cannon employee (who I don't know) comes up to us. He says "did you guys drop this yesterday?" and shows us the lost item. We didn't know what to say other than "Ummmmm". He hands it over, doesn't say another word, and walks away. THAT is customer service.

AdironRider

Interesting. At Cannon I assume? Here's a story you'll appreciate then (although not exactly dropping from a lift).....

Sitting in the bottom tram lodge at the end of the day, one of my buddies apparently dropped something (similar to your loss). Back at the condo we were pretty bummed to find that it was gone. The next morning we are sitting on the same couches in the tram building and a Cannon employee (who I don't know) comes up to us. He says "did you guys drop this yesterday?" and shows us the lost item. We didn't know what to say other than "Ummmmm". He hands it over, doesn't say another word, and walks away. THAT is customer service.

That story is almost to good to be a true. A ski area employee actually returning that? Awesome.

snoseek

Good folks over there at the tram side.

Left a bag of pot on Loon gondy once and only found out because at the top of my next ride up the lifty handed me a cig pack asking me if I "forgot" something. AWESOME! On the next ride up I gave him the pack back with his reward, he was stoked. Sometimes people in general can be very nice.

jtmunlimited

Lols, so with a little box you can just put all your precious bags in there so they don't fall.