• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Walk from new york to california

Skier4life

Try to get in touch with a Tyler Coulsen - he did it [or is still doing it - don't know cos I stopped following his story after he reached Virginia] but he should know everything you need and on a low budget as well I think! Just Google him.

Now may not be the best time to do it weather wise [she better be worth it mate].

Just off the cuff here's what I think you may need:
Good pair of hiking boots.
Good all weather tent.
Cooking stove
A whole lot of resolve to sleep in parks along the way.
He had a dog as a companion and a host of friends to crash with.
A whole lot of followers on Twitter.

All the best to you and I hope this helps.

jrmagic

Dude you're gonna walk 3K miles for this????? :blink: Run Forrest!!!! and I don't mean to Cali. Even if you're somehow covering 40 miles a day which I doubt, you're still looking at over 2 months. Time to move on.

makimono

I guess it beats drinking a bottle of 151 and tattooing her name across your heart with a razor blade and some india ink. Doubt it will work any better but you'll have some cool stories to tell from it at least.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
well in any event it would be a great experience.

I always wanted to ride my bike across the country and never ended up following through on it.