AZ Challenge 2011 Results: Wachusett

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AZ Challenge 2011 Results: Wachusett

Thanks to Tom Meyers for the Wachusett answers!

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/article...sort=wachusett

Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Wow, the new beginner lift is going to be a detach. They must have some deep pockets over there to buy a detach to service 50 feet of vertical. But seriously that's good news, and if it's as fast as it sounds, that should pull a lot more traffic over there. Wish they'd get it up and running a little sooner though. Looks like on the web cam today they started putting the base terminal together.

Interesting. Seems the answer to my question is if the patroller thinks you're going too fast, you're unsafe, which wouldn't be bad if most of the patrollers weren't power tripping d-bags and knew what safe was. I do understand where they're coming from though.

Quote Originally Posted by speden View Post
    Wow, the new beginner lift is going to be a detach. They must have some deep pockets over there to buy a detach to service 50 feet of vertical. But seriously that's good news, and if it's as fast as it sounds, that should pull a lot more traffic over there. Wish they'd get it up and running a little sooner though. Looks like on the web cam today they started putting the base terminal together.
    The place is a money factory. I wish it was up earlier too. I'd like to get my kids out early. Looks like we'll be warming up on the magic carpet and then trying our luck on Ralphs run.

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    Interesting. Seems the answer to my question is if the patroller thinks you're going too fast, you're unsafe, which wouldn't be bad if most of the patrollers weren't power tripping d-bags and knew what safe was. I do understand where they're coming from though.
    There are a few non-answers there.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

I don't think the demo guy understood why I don't like the demo limit of three skis per session. I can often tell after one or two runs if I don't like a ski, and then want to try something else. So I can hit the limit of three skis in under an hour, with the slowest part being the change out to the next set in the demo center. Then they would tell me I had to pay for another session if I wanted to try more skis.

Pretty much they don't want the hassle of changing out so many skis for one person, and that's cool, but the limit does not benefit the customer. Once I'm close to making a decision I'll ski my finalists for lots of runs, but before that I just want to sample a lot of different skis.

I don't think the demo guy understood why I don't like the demo limit of three skis per session. I can often tell after one or two runs if I don't like a ski, and then want to try something else. So I can hit the limit of three skis in under an hour, with the slowest part being the change out to the next set in the demo center. Then they would tell me I had to pay for another session if I wanted to try more skis.

Pretty much they don't want the hassle of changing out so many skis for one person, and that's cool, but the limit does not benefit the customer. Once I'm close to making a decision I'll ski my finalists for lots of runs, but before that I just want to sample a lot of different skis.
    Mike Vlass the manager of the shop is a pretty good guy and I'm sure if you talk to him ahead of time he'd make an allowance for you.

I noticed the cost of mounting skis went up from $25 to $35 this season. That's a pretty big jump. If I had known ahead of time I would have just dropped them off closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Mike Vlass the manager of the shop is a pretty good guy and I'm sure if you talk to him ahead of time he'd make an allowance for you.

I noticed the cost of mounting skis went up from $25 to $35 this season. That's a pretty big jump. If I had known ahead of time I would have just dropped them off closer to home.
    Do you ever get your skis tuned there? How good of a job do they do? Can you specify the base and edge angles you want, or do they give the one size fits all treatment? I'm looking for a new shop to use since my other shop really messed up my tune last year.

Do you ever get your skis tuned there? How good of a job do they do? Can you specify the base and edge angles you want, or do they give the one size fits all treatment? I'm looking for a new shop to use since my other shop really messed up my tune last year.
    I usually do my own edges, but I drop them off once in awhile to get a stone grind. Haven't had any issues. They do race tunes there so are fully capable of taking custom edge angles. They did screw up the edge angles on a teammates skis. I think he just wanted a wax on his race skis and they ran it through the machine screwing up the angles he had.

I'm going to take my race skis to the SkiMD in Framingham (at Summit Ski). I know a bunch of racers who swear by them.

Nice to get some answers. Also nice to see Vickery Liftline got a trim, I got my boot stuck in a branch that was sticking out from the woods a few seasons ago.

Nice job here, thanks!

Thread Information