• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New I ski NY License Plate

catskills

iskiny_licenseplate-300x150.gif

very nice

No snowboarders :beer:

jaja111

I agree its a pretty snazzy lookin plate, but why in the world would you want to just hand NY more tax revenue when they tax us to the hilt anyway? There's no way that they're no additional charge.

jaja111

The New York version of the 9-9-9 plan. $9 to park, $9 an hour to ski, and $9 for lunch.

Plus $70 to get the plate, and then $32 annually to renew it, paid when the two year registration expires (so $80-$100 for reg plus $64 for the plate renewal). So with a registration, that's over $200 for these plates. There must be 50 of them on the DMV website. I don't think there's a better way to announce to everyone behind you that you are a sheeple, blindly dumb enough to hand your wallet over to a state that is barley affordable to live in to begin with. Custom NY plates are absolutely moronic. Please, please, go buy a bumper sticker instead.

BenedictGomez

Plus $70 to get the plate, and then $32 annually to renew it, paid when the two year registration expires (so $80-$100 for reg plus $64 for the plate renewal). So with a registration, that's over $200 for these plates.

Wow, that's crazy. I got a vanity plate when I lived in Vermont, but it was cheap (I think $25 total IIRC?), and they didnt charge me every year for it.

Tooth

Waste of money. There are way too many varying plates out there for each state. I know there is some really awesome skiing in NY but I think that the skiing plates are better off in Utah, Colorado, WY, MT, and maybe VT or NH. This is not a bash on NY at all.

Warp Daddy

iskiny_licenseplate-300x150.gif

very nice

No snowboarders :beer:

Kewl design - but utterly insane fee, but hey that's NYS government---------- the capitol of dysfunction

It costs us 50 K plus /yr to keep the damn prisnahs in their country clubs who stamp these suckers out, in addition to our state and local taxes, sales and gas and utility taxes ..,

Ugh don't get me started

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
To each his own. I have a "united we stand" vanity plate in MA. Not sure how much extra I pay for it, I htink it's like $30 or $40 more bi-annually

mlctvt

I think I'd happily pay $32 a year extra just so I wouldn't have to have those nasty orange NY plates on my car.
I can't imagine putting the orange NY plates on a nice blue sportcar or for most other color cars for that matter.

Smellytele

I think I'd happily pay $32 a year extra just so I wouldn't have to have those nasty orange NY plates on my car.
I can't imagine putting the orange NY plates on a nice blue sportcar or for most other color cars for that matter.

I like those orange plates. Of course I do not live in NY and never will.

Warp Daddy

We kept our white n' blue NY plates i'd be damned if i give them one cent extra for those crappy assed plates :D

Warp Daddy

I did not pay extra. I bought a 2nd car and needed plates...Those are the new NY plates.

i know ------------------------ BUT for existing cars in one's fleet it was an optional fee if u wanted to get that god awful thing :>). Frankly i'm of the school that says screw em pay the least amt you can for THAT kind of stuff .

I'll get free ski stickers instead being a cheap bastid :>)