Jay Peak: AZ Challenge-2006 Response/Feedback Thread

AlpineZone

Jay Peak: AZ Challenge-2006 Response/Feedback Thread

Steve's responses are in:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/article...htm?resort=jay

Just wanted to mention that Steve replied in 1 hour 11 minutes with the responses. Steve is also a former Killington marketing rep...

I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Steve's responses are in:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/article...htm?resort=jay

Just wanted to mention that Steve replied in 1 hour 11 minutes with the responses. Steve is also a former Killington marketing rep...

Steve's a cool guy.

Good, straightforward answers with some personality mixed in.

Steve does seem like a cool guy, maybe we can send him the killington questions.

Customer Service

i'd thought i would share this bit a customer service experience i had a Jay last year. I was up there for the March 4th dumping they got and left my bibs in the lodge. I called a day later and the lost and found said they had my bibs and would hold them for me with my name on them. Called two weeks later to let them know i was coming back up and the lost and found said they didn't have my bibs anymore. I contacted Steve about this issue and about a week later, Steve informed me that Jay would reimburse me for the bibs. I originally paid around $300 for them. I splurged for a new pair of Theta SK's, paying about $375. I only asked to be reimbursed 300, but when the check came in the mail, it was for 375. Talk about going the extra mile for the customer. If originally, they never found my bibs, i was SOL, but Jay stood up and acknowledged that they once had them, and IMO did the right thing by reimbursing me. Well, they won me over, i am a Jay season pass holder this year (the snow might have something to do with it).

Sounds like they are going at the "slow + steady" pace with the development. I wonder how much the expansion has been scaled "sort of sideways"? I also wonder what that means. One lift to the top of North Jay and one connecting back to the exisitng area?
    It sounds as though they are going to concentrate on upgradingthe exisitng base area rather than create a new on at this point. I like that idea since the Tram base area is the focal point of the mountain. I'm glad they are finally going to do something about the bar as well. The Golden Eagle is small and the view (see ally between buildings) stinks. Having a bar on the roof above the tram bay would be sick! We'll see what happens.

P.S. Thanks for the very fast response Steve .

Now if we could just get Burke to respond...

Good responses... other places should take note.

Thread Information