• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak: AZ Challenge-2006 Response/Feedback Thread

thebigo

Good, straightforward answers with some personality mixed in.

Steve does seem like a cool guy, maybe we can send him the killington questions. :lol:

nhski

Customer Service

i'd thought i would share this bit a customer service experience i had a Jay last year. I was up there for the March 4th dumping they got and left my bibs in the lodge. I called a day later and the lost and found said they had my bibs and would hold them for me with my name on them. Called two weeks later to let them know i was coming back up and the lost and found said they didn't have my bibs anymore. I contacted Steve about this issue and about a week later, Steve informed me that Jay would reimburse me for the bibs. I originally paid around $300 for them. I splurged for a new pair of Theta SK's, paying about $375. I only asked to be reimbursed 300, but when the check came in the mail, it was for 375. Talk about going the extra mile for the customer. If originally, they never found my bibs, i was SOL, but Jay stood up and acknowledged that they once had them, and IMO did the right thing by reimbursing me. Well, they won me over, i am a Jay season pass holder this year (the snow might have something to do with it).

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Sounds like they are going at the "slow + steady" pace with the development. I wonder how much the expansion has been scaled "sort of sideways"? I also wonder what that means. One lift to the top of North Jay and one connecting back to the exisitng area?
It sounds as though they are going to concentrate on upgradingthe exisitng base area rather than create a new on at this point. I like that idea since the Tram base area is the focal point of the mountain. I'm glad they are finally going to do something about the bar as well. The Golden Eagle is small and the view (see ally between buildings) stinks. Having a bar on the roof above the tram bay would be sick! :-D We'll see what happens.