• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Wednesdays?

speden

temps look good for snowmaking later this week. let's hope the forecast holds so we can enjoy the Conifer WROD this weekend...

My guess would be they'd get Ralph's open first. Do they usually open with Conifer? I've never gone there early season, so don't know their usual pattern.

The Sneak

This is my 5th consecutive year with a season pass. They usually start with Conifer Connection top to bottom. A couple of years ago, the other quad was down at the very start of the year so they opened 10th mtn next followed by indian summer and the baby chair.

But yeah, normally it goes conifer then ralphs...

The Sneak

Yeah..about that. Judging by their facebook comments, website snow report etc...they are only blowing on ralph's. Which sucks. I've never seen them do that before.

There are several possibilites:

1. With 3 nights of snowmaking, they did not think they'd be able to get Conifer open. Which is weird bc they've been able to do that in the past.

2. There is a problem with the snowmaking or the polar express lift

3. It's a retarded decision, straight up. Like last year's DIY ski check experiment.

So glad I bought a silver pass for the 5th or 6th straight year...:roll:
At this point, I'm thinking about just driving to Jiminy or even Mt Snow...

atomic68

it was either 06 or 07 they opened with the top of Challenger- then made a path through the woods and the run ended with the bottom of Ralphs. Top of Ralphs was closed, bottom of Challenger was closed

wa-loaf

I think I'll be able to get up there on Monday. According to the snow report they were making snow on Ralphs. No mention of Conifer. Anything to get some turns in ...

xlr8r

Headed up tomorrow night will probably start around 6:30.

aaronbru

I'll be going up once a week. Thursday will probably be my night with Wednesday as my back-up.

I'm new to AZ but would certainly like to meet up with some people throughout the winter.

The Sneak

I'll be there sunday AM.

blue jacket, grey pants, almost certainly cursing out my new boots...