• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 12-25-2011

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 12-25-2011

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett

Conditions: Cord, Packed Powder

Trip Report:

Decided to take my first trip out to Wachusett for the season tonight. Got there at 3:30 in time to get a nice wax and tune up. Had a beer at the copper top before making my way onto the hill. Skied Conifer and Challenger tonight (didn't bother with Ralph's). With the crappy weather, they've done well to hold onto what they have had. Challenger was firm but fast tonight. Spent most my time on Conifer. Got first tracks there tonight, and after a couple of runs it loosened up mighty fine. It was fast, yet firm, yet enough packed poweder once the trail was worked up. It was fast, and the crowds were non-existent. Hit it about 8 times before I headed home. all in all, a good night out on the snow and a photo from the fun!

397159_10150448612227963_761202962_8845808_1961370758_n.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nice! Looks better than I thought t would, considering the rain. I'm planning on hitting Wachusett this week, maybe Thursday, with my nephews, some of them going for the 1st time. Should be fun. Hopefully we get a couple cold days of snowmaking in there somewhere.

aaronbru

I was there last night (12/26).

Conifer was ICY!! The top half was pretty much an ice rink. When you got down to the steep portions, the icy granular was pushed into a bunch of small piles. I did two runs on Conifer and went back over to the other Quad.

Ralphs was the next icyest, but no comparison to conifer. Few bare spots but wasn't bad.
Challenger was the best run open. Probably because of the hut to the left on the last steep that has a nice drop next to it. Challenger still had pretty good cover. Look mom, the fork to the right 1/2 way down challenger was open. It was pretty much the same as challenger but shoots you out on the bottom towards the summit quad which is nice.

wa-loaf

Snow guns went on at 6pm tonight. They were blowing on 10th and Sundowner.