• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top 10 Playlist

TropicTundR

What's your top 10 skiing playlist? Personally I don't use headphones but opt for external speakers.

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cover of Search and Destroy
2) Iron Maiden - The Trooper
3) James Brown - Superbad
4) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground
5) Dick Dale - Misirlou
6) Beastie Boys - Body Movin/Alive/Sabotage 3-way-TIE!
7) Gorillaz - People
8 ) Bad Religion - Skyscraper
9) Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
10) Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer (any live version!)

deadheadskier

Staff member
my skis on the snow is the only playlist I use

tried skiing with headphones plenty in my life and music is right up there with skiing as far as my passions in life, hence the "deadhead" part of my handle. Just don't dig skiing with tunes.

BenedictGomez

my skis on the snow is the only playlist I use

tried skiing with headphones plenty in my life and music is right up there with skiing as far as my passions in life, hence the "deadhead" part of my handle. Just don't dig skiing with tunes.

I've never tried it, and I dont want to.

I'd prefer to focus on the mountain, the outdoors, and nature, and personally, the silence (especially when it's snowing) is one of my favorite things about skiing.

Skimaine

In no particular order:

AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill
Grace Potter – Mastermind
Moses Guest – Best Laid Plans
The Kinks – Victoria
Assembly of Dust – Speculator
Eric Clapton – The Core
Grateful Dead – Eyes of the World
Head East – Never Been Any Reason
Allman Brothers – Jessica
Kenny Chesney – Beer In Mexico (for the spring mix) :beer:

TropicTundR

Thanks Skimaine for actually getting the essence of my original post. First time I'm digging Moses Guest, guess I'm adding some more tunes...now becoming my top 10.1

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice

don't think I've come across another Assembly of Dust fan on this website.

the guitarist has been my neighbor for the past 3 years. I'm much more a fan of his new work with Ghost of Jupiter, but damn was AOD hot in the early mid 2000s

Songs We Sing would be my AOD pick if I listened to tunes while I skied

Skimaine

Thanks Skimaine for actually getting the essence of my original post. First time I'm digging Moses Guest, guess I'm adding some more tunes...now becoming my top 10.1

In addition to Best Laid Plans I have Bird, Colorado and Wheel on the list from Moses Guest.

Skimaine

Nice

don't think I've come across another Assembly of Dust fan on this website.

I think AOD played at the 'Loaf a few years back and/or they included some of their tracks on some Sugarloaf videos. I have most of their stuff on the iPod. If I am skiing alone I will sometimes put AOD on shuffle and makes some turns.

Skimaine

What's your top 10 skiing playlist? Personally I don't use headphones but opt for external speakers.

5) Dick Dale - Misirlou
7) Gorillaz - People

Some interesting choices in your list like Dick Dale and James Brown. I had been thinking about adding some Van Halen/Haggar and just finished downloading Why Can't This Be Love and Panama.

I couple other interesting recent additions include:

Super Chikan - Hookin' Up and Ain't Nobody - Super Chikan played at the American Folk Festival in Bangor last summer the simply burned the venue down.

Bruce Hornsby - Rainbow's Cadillac (Live) - If you have ever seen Bruce live he really puts on a great show. This live version of Rainbow's Cadillac is outstanding and worth an iTunes preview.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think AOD played at the 'Loaf a few years back and/or they included some of their tracks on some Sugarloaf videos. I have most of their stuff on the iPod. If I am skiing alone I will sometimes put AOD on shuffle and makes some turns.

Yes they did. 2007. Opened for Big Head Todd and the Monsters. I was at the show. I remember the skiing sucking real bad, but had a blast in the King Pine room that night.

Geoff

With the limited terrain, I haven't been skiing with ear buds this year. I want to be able to hear people around me.

My favorite ski music is 1970's funk. Good upbeat rhythm. I have a huge play list I just put on shuffle.
James Brown (a top 10 list just using James Brown)
You got the Love - Rufus w/ Chaka Kahn
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Brick House - Commodores (Yeah, Lionel Richie. I turn in my man card)
Low Rider - War
More Bounce to the Ounce - Zapp
Right Place, Wrong Time - Dr John
Cissy Strut - The Meters
Express Yourself - Charles Wright

frozencorn

In no particular order

Eyes of the World, GD
Kill Devil Falls, Phish
High Falls, Allmans
Puffy, Bela Fleck
Deep Powder, Rippingtons
Shakedown Street, GD
Brigadier Sabari, Alpha Blondy
Ricky's Theme, Beasties
Stupid Questions, Keller Williams
Work, Marley

jrmagic

5) Dick Dale - Misirlou
7) Gorillaz - People

I like your playlist but like some others I don;t listen to music while I ski. curious though... how come you list RHCP as covernig Search and Destroy but for Higher Ground you don't list it as a cover?? prbably the best song Stevie Wonder ever did IMO :razz:

TropicTundR

I like your playlist but like some others I don;t listen to music while I ski. curious though... how come you list RHCP as covernig Search and Destroy but for Higher Ground you don't list it as a cover?? prbably the best song Stevie Wonder ever did IMO :razz:

I just forgot to note that, but then again different notes for different folks, who really owns covers without listening to the music within....:wink: personally I just called to say I love you and superstitious were my favorites.

jrmagic

I just forgot to note that, but then again different notes for different folks, who really owns covers without listening to the music within....:wink: personally I just called to say I love you and superstitious were my favorites.

Its all good and not to railroad this thread but superstitious is pretty cool but I like the Jeff Beck project version with Rod Stewart on vocals better:beer: