• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Kids day 1/29/12

wa-loaf

not that it'll be hard to find people but want to try to meet by the racks at 11:00? We all know how timing is when dealing with children so any earlier may be pushing it. I know my kids are tough to get out of bed on the weekends.

whoops, i didnt see this. 10:00 am by the racks? I may be late but i'll try.

I can do 11. Don't mind an extra hour of sleep if that works better for everyone. Does the place get packed if you aren't there early? 11am at Wachusett and you're getting bussed in!

2knees

I can do 11. Don't mind an extra hour of sleep if that works better for everyone. Does the place get packed if you aren't there early? 11am at Wachusett and you're getting bussed in!

rarely is there a liftline of any consequence. few minutes is usually the longest. the lodge, that is another story. Waaaaaay too many people sitting in there with laptops and Ipads, not skiing, and taking up entire tables.

Black Phantom

rarely is there a liftline of any consequence. few minutes is usually the longest. the lodge, that is another story. Waaaaaay too many people sitting in there with laptops and Ipads, not skiing, and taking up entire tables.

That is extremely rude, uncivil behavior.

Madroch

11:00 is probably more realistic for my crew as well... lodge is a nightmare at 11:00 as noted, parking can be iffy too....at that hour you might be on the back of a truck from the satelite lot... or, as many leave about 11:00 after morning runs, might be able to snag a spot up closer...

WoodCore

No kids but I'll be there on Sunday. Hope to see you all out on the hill.

2knees

That is extremely rude, uncivil behavior.

:). I know you love the sundown threads but when you are at an area with kids they need breaks. And they don't, or mine don't, like to eat outside in the cold. It honestly gets annoying seeing people in their north face fleece and uggs boots with their bags covering an entire table while you struggle around looking for a place where your kid can sit and eat the meal we bought from the mountain as they sip their Starbucks latte and eat from a cooler

Black Phantom

:). I know you love the sundown threads but when you are at an area with kids they need breaks. And they don't, or mine don't, like to eat outside in the cold. It honestly gets annoying seeing people in their north face fleece and uggs boots with their bags covering an entire table while you struggle around looking for a place where your kid can sit and eat the meal we bought from the mountain as they sip their Starbucks latte and eat from a cooler

I hear that. :cool:

I stopped buying food when I was unable to sit and eat in the scenario you describe.

Have a great time. Bring some Red Stag. I just tried it the other weekend and think it is worth picking up a bottle. Have the kids drive. They are never too young.:uzi:

bvibert

Staff member
11:00 is probably more realistic for my crew as well... lodge is a nightmare at 11:00 as noted, parking can be iffy too....at that hour you might be on the back of a truck from the satelite lot... or, as many leave about 11:00 after morning runs, might be able to snag a spot up closer...

Yeah, it can be a bit busy by 11am on the weekend. But even Sundown busy isn't that busy compared to some bigger places.

The kids (and I) are really working forward to this!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

So what you're saying is, "Carrie, stay home. You're only adding to the problem." ;)

Parents who can't ski have to be somewhere accessible to the kids. That said, when I tried to play lodge mom this past Sunday, I stepped away for 5 minutes to get the kids set up and found my jacket & basket removed from the table and left in a heap on the floor. Guess you have to be more aggressive if you need a table. ;) It was pretty busy at that point.

My plan is to try to get there earlier, if possible. I don't see any way I can reserve a table, though I will ask, just in case.