• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Kids day 1/29/12

2knees

So what you're saying is, "Carrie, stay home. You're only adding to the problem." ;)

Parents who can't ski have to be somewhere accessible to the kids. That said, when I tried to play lodge mom this past Sunday, I stepped away for 5 minutes to get the kids set up and found my jacket & basket removed from the table and left in a heap on the floor. Guess you have to be more aggressive if you need a table. ;) It was pretty busy at that point.

My plan is to try to get there earlier, if possible. I don't see any way I can reserve a table, though I will ask, just in case.

no, of course i'm not talking about you because you'd be helping us out....

seriously though, I know there is nothing that can be done. they already expanded. I think its just a matter of people being a bit more courteous in terms of the space they use.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
no, of course i'm not talking about you because you'd be helping us out....

seriously though, I know there is nothing that can be done. they already expanded. I think its just a matter of people being a bit more courteous in terms of the space they use.

How convenient. ;) Maybe someday they'll be able to expand further and add another lodge...

Looks like the weather will be beautiful on Sunday!

Madroch

Do they even lock the lodge at night, if Sev could get up there the night before, that might really help????

o3jeff

Maybe someone could bring a folding table and chairs and we can put it In the aisle or right inside the back door.

wa-loaf

Maybe rope some tables off with caution tape and a chalk outline?

o3jeff

Maybe rope some tables off with caution tape and a chalk outline?

Like this?
stock-photo--d-render-depicting-a-crime-scene-with-a-chalk-body-outline-and-police-tape-26122465.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hehe. Looks like I will not be getting the night off, after all, so I'll see what I can do. Camp out, eh? That's a bit more dedication than I have to this event. Unless, of course, you paid me off in beer. Lots of beer.

o3jeff

Hehe. Looks like I will not be getting the night off, after all, so I'll see what I can do. Camp out, eh? That's a bit more dedication than I have to this event. Unless, of course, you paid me off in beer. Lots of beer.

The bar is in the same building, you should be pretty loaded be the time we get there.

bvibert

Staff member
Tomorrow will actually be somewhat busy first thing in the morning, with a big race that starts right when we open. It'll probably be over by 11:30ish, so an 11am meetup time should work out well.

wa-loaf

Jeff might be able to answer this. I'm wondering the best route for me?

84 to Hartford and then up 44? Or take 90 west out to Westfield and drop down from there? Either way is about 2 hrs according to google maps.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If you're taking 91, get off at Bradley. Route 20. I can't remember if it goes all the way to 219 or not, but that's your goal. Ratlum Rd is off of that. Don't bother with Htfd, and where 44 comes off 84 isn't the most scenic of neighborhoods.

wa-loaf

If you're taking 91, get off at Bradley. Route 20. I can't remember if it goes all the way to 219 or not, but that's your goal. Ratlum Rd is off of that. Don't bother with Htfd, and where 44 comes off 84 isn't the most scenic of neighborhoods.

That's not a bad option. Though I don't care much about scenery, just want the fastest easiest route.