Top 10 Playlist

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Top 10 Playlist

  1. #1

    Top 10 Playlist

    What's your top 10 skiing playlist? Personally I don't use headphones but opt for external speakers.

    1) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cover of Search and Destroy
    2) Iron Maiden - The Trooper
    3) James Brown - Superbad
    4) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground
    5) Dick Dale - Misirlou
    6) Beastie Boys - Body Movin/Alive/Sabotage 3-way-TIE!
    7) Gorillaz - People
    8 ) Bad Religion - Skyscraper
    9) Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
    10) Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer (any live version!)


  2. #2
    my skis on the snow is the only playlist I use

    tried skiing with headphones plenty in my life and music is right up there with skiing as far as my passions in life, hence the "deadhead" part of my handle. Just don't dig skiing with tunes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    my skis on the snow is the only playlist I use

    tried skiing with headphones plenty in my life and music is right up there with skiing as far as my passions in life, hence the "deadhead" part of my handle. Just don't dig skiing with tunes.
    I've never tried it, and I dont want to.

    I'd prefer to focus on the mountain, the outdoors, and nature, and personally, the silence (especially when it's snowing) is one of my favorite things about skiing.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #4
    In no particular order:

    AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill
    Grace Potter Mastermind
    Moses Guest Best Laid Plans
    The Kinks Victoria
    Assembly of Dust Speculator
    Eric Clapton The Core
    Grateful Dead Eyes of the World
    Head East Never Been Any Reason
    Allman Brothers Jessica
    Kenny Chesney Beer In Mexico (for the spring mix)
    TANSTAAFL

  5. #5
    Nice

    don't think I've come across another Assembly of Dust fan on this website.

  6. #6
    Thanks Skimaine for actually getting the essence of my original post. First time I'm digging Moses Guest, guess I'm adding some more tunes...now becoming my top 10.1

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Nice

    don't think I've come across another Assembly of Dust fan on this website.
    the guitarist has been my neighbor for the past 3 years. I'm much more a fan of his new work with Ghost of Jupiter, but damn was AOD hot in the early mid 2000s

    Songs We Sing would be my AOD pick if I listened to tunes while I skied


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TropicTundR View Post
    Thanks Skimaine for actually getting the essence of my original post. First time I'm digging Moses Guest, guess I'm adding some more tunes...now becoming my top 10.1
    In addition to Best Laid Plans I have Bird, Colorado and Wheel on the list from Moses Guest.
    TANSTAAFL

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Nice

    don't think I've come across another Assembly of Dust fan on this website.
    I think AOD played at the 'Loaf a few years back and/or they included some of their tracks on some Sugarloaf videos. I have most of their stuff on the iPod. If I am skiing alone I will sometimes put AOD on shuffle and makes some turns.
    TANSTAAFL

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TropicTundR View Post
    What's your top 10 skiing playlist? Personally I don't use headphones but opt for external speakers.

    1) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cover of Search and Destroy
    2) Iron Maiden - The Trooper
    3) James Brown - Superbad
    4) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground
    5) Dick Dale - Misirlou
    6) Beastie Boys - Body Movin/Alive/Sabotage 3-way-TIE!
    7) Gorillaz - People
    8 ) Bad Religion - Skyscraper
    9) Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
    10) Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer (any live version!)
    Some interesting choices in your list like Dick Dale and James Brown. I had been thinking about adding some Van Halen/Haggar and just finished downloading Why Can't This Be Love and Panama.

    I couple other interesting recent additions include:

    Super Chikan - Hookin' Up and Ain't Nobody - Super Chikan played at the American Folk Festival in Bangor last summer the simply burned the venue down.

    Bruce Hornsby - Rainbow's Cadillac (Live) - If you have ever seen Bruce live he really puts on a great show. This live version of Rainbow's Cadillac is outstanding and worth an iTunes preview.
    TANSTAAFL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:13 AM.