• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/12 Storm Discussion Thread

C-Rex

Going up to sunapee tomorrow, mostly because I have some free passes. Their site said they got 7" and the park is up to 30 features. I'm hoping the MLK crowd will be a little lighter there than the southern VT mountains. Also hoping that what crowd is there doesn't like the cold and stays in the lodges.

Anyone been up there lately or live nearby? I'd love some first hand accounts.

Warp Daddy

8 inches down after an inch of ice.

High winds expected tonite , cable out all day , schools and stores closed , roads horrible , trees falling encrusted with an inch of Ice and 8 inches of heavy snow and 35-40 mph gusts, 1200 still w/o power, power may BE BACK BY MIDNITE, no unnecessary travel

-- Zero tonite-- BUT I'm grinning--, WE GOT POWER AND-------------------gonna b GREAT skiing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But 19 below zero tomorrow nite

Last edited:

ScottySkis

8 inches down after an inch of ice.

High winds expected tonite , cable out all day , schools and stores closed , roads horrible , trees falling encrusted with an inch of Ice and 8 inches of heavy snow and 35-40 mph gusts, 1200 still w/o power, power may BE BACK BY MIDNITE, no unnecessary travel

-- Zero tonite-- BUT I'm grinning--, WE GOT POWER AND-------------------gonna b GREAT skiing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But 19 below zero tomorrow nite

That is cold but snow should stay great

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
It was kinda a wild day here at the Bush today. After 4-6" yesterday the day started out well. Dropped a bunch of ropes, after a short bout of mixed it started snowing again. the morning was awesome then the winds hit had to shut some lifts down but it kept snowing. It was tough hiking to my car after the day was done. Maybe another 4-6" today, tomorrow is supposed to be pretty chilly.

Tooth

I'll be at Sugarloaf. Winds howling pretty good. Snowing. I hope we get accumulations through the night. NOAA calling 3-7. Have fun out there. We need snow for when you all come up here.

Glenn

From what i heard, it was. ; ). We were blacked out for the holiday weekend. We opted to go for a hike and i took my ATV out for a snowy ride. Good times.