• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

[1 pic] This is absolutely NOT an awesome snowboard run

Joshua B

From my flight last night...somewhere east of Salt Lake City

This is absolutely NOT an awesome snowboard run.

jb_mountains01.jpg

Greg

Staff member
How high are those peaks? It seems awfully wide to be a snowboard track. Plus there are virtually no turns. I'm guessing it was something going up rather than down (a snowmobile perhaps? - even that seems unlikely...). Do you have a higher res pic?

Joshua B

Dayum, let me experience the wonder of my naitivity for at least 24 hours would y'all? :wink: I will post a higher resolution section of the pic tonight.

Greg

Staff member
tree_skier said:
looks like a road to me, perhaps for snowcats taking skiers up?
I might buy that one. The high res image should be interesting.

jimme

Beautiful!

:idea: How about posting it over at www.earnyourturns.com? I would not be surprised if someone on that site knows the mountain range and can explain what it is. I'd say road, but why? So I'll go with cat track.

Jimme

Greg

Staff member
Ahh! I've got it. It was a scratch in the window glass! ;)

SAB

Look down in the valley to the left. There appears to be a road down there. Also, the road appears to be the same size or smaller than our mystery track.
SAB

B

BoftheW

Come on folks. This is just a typical mountain range in the Great Basin area. I'm guesing somewhere in Utah (Oquirrhs west of SLC?). Look closely and you will see radio towers atop the peak at the end of the road. You will see these radio tower installations all over the place in the West. They are all serviced by dirt roads. The track may be accentuated by snowcat/snowmobile traffic. BTW that would be a really lame snowboard line, as it does is traverse across the peaks/faces. A good line would be straight down (watch for avalanches!) one of the drainages to the valley floor.

BackOfTheWasatch