Winter cycling projects - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Pics?

snapped this last night. About 95% done, should be ready to ride this weekend.

The rear hydro hose is a tad short due to the cable routing. It should be ok for now but I will need to get a longer one soon. The fork is still set at the lower 140mm travel. Need to open it up and set it back to 160mm, but that can wait

Figured you would of shined the old parts while you were waiting on the new stuff!

Looking good! Were is the set post drop?
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Looks good!! Counting on you to get this finished soon so we can get some snow!!!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Looks good!! Counting on you to get this finished soon so we can get some snow!!!

I cleaned out the garage to make more room to work on the bike a few days ago, at least that got the temperature down a bit. I guess now I'll have to go do some work on it...
    Brian

Figured you would of shined the old parts while you were waiting on the new stuff!

Looking good! Were is the set post drop?

It will eventually get a good cleaning. A bunch of stuff like the stem, bars, brakes and bash guards are going to get replaced. I want to take it out for a few rides before I make any cockpit adjustments.

The adjustable seatpost will go on last. I don't like using the bike stand clamp on a pricey dropper post. So when even I use the bike stand I throw a rigid seat post in the bike.

Did you take it for a ride today?
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Did you take it for a ride today?
    Nope, finished up everything this morning and gave it a tune up. To much going on today, planning on riding tomorrow at Robinson or Case.

Took the new scoot out for its maiden ride today. Really impressed with how well the DW Link pedals, and it's traction. The rear end just stays planted to the ground. I on the other hand was not so impressive, really sucked wind out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    snapped this last night. About 95% done, should be ready to ride this weekend.

The rear hydro hose is a tad short due to the cable routing. It should be ok for now but I will need to get a longer one soon. The fork is still set at the lower 140mm travel. Need to open it up and set it back to 160mm, but that can wait

That looks like a sweet setup. What are you running fo travel in the front?

Quote Originally Posted by prophet0426 View Post
    That looks like a sweet setup. What are you running fo travel in the front?
    The fork is an X-Fussion Vengeance HLR. It has a 160mm of travel but I have it lowered to 150mm at the moment. The 5 Spot can easily handle a 160mm fork, but I am going to ride it for a while at 150mm before I try it at 160mm.

This fork is really sweet with inpedentant High speed and low speed compression settings. You can also find left over 2011 models for a song right now. X-Fusion was started by the group that used to make all of Fox's forks & Shocks. So the quality is right up there with Fox & RS, but at price easier on the wallet. All of the pro reviews of this fork have been very positive.

Thread Information