Winter cycling projects - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 265
  1. #71
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I assume that is 29'er talk
    Damn 29er's and their screwed up gear ratios...

    Brian

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Damn 29er's and their screwed up gear ratios...
    Admit it, your just jealous of my big wheels!!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

  3. #73
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Admit it, your just jealous of my big wheels!!
    I'm thinking about switching it up to some 24" wheels next time around...
    Brian

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'm thinking about switching it up to some 24" wheels next time around...

    Nice!! Going ghetto!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

  5. #75

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'm not totally sold on 1x9 either, its more an effort to reduce complexity and be able to run a stronger ring up front. I'll probably stick with what I'm running now though.
    Have you gotten the bike together?
    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

  6. #76
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Have you gotten the bike together?
    I haven't had much time to work on it. Got the derailleur and cable mounted last weekend, also replaced a bunch of spokes and started re-truing/tensioning the wheel. My new middle ring and brake pads should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I have some time over the weekend to finish putting everything together.
    Brian

  7. #77

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I haven't had much time to work on it. Got the derailleur and cable mounted last weekend, also replaced a bunch of spokes and started re-truing/tensioning the wheel. My new middle ring and brake pads should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I have some time over the weekend to finish putting everything together.
    Over the weekend? You're not summiting up at the loaf?
    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

  8. #78
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Over the weekend? You're not summiting up at the loaf?
    Nope. Just couldn't pull it off this year. I had to make the last minute call late last night...

    Pretty bummed about it
    Brian

  9. #79
    Just got my 10mm thru axle conversion kit for the rear and a new RaceFace Turbine front chain ring in. Hoping to install tonight and ride in the morning. The RF chainring is really nice and I am very interested to see if I notice any increase is read stiffness with the thru axle. The DT Swiss RWS and Hope 10mm kit was a bit pricy. If I had to do again I would have bought the Hadley Thru axle which is much cheaper than the DT Swiss.

  10. #80
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Just got my 10mm thru axle conversion kit for the rear and a new RaceFace Turbine front chain ring in. Hoping to install tonight and ride in the morning. The RF chainring is really nice and I am very interested to see if I notice any increase is read stiffness with the thru axle. The DT Swiss RWS and Hope 10mm kit was a bit pricy. If I had to do again I would have bought the Hadley Thru axle which is much cheaper than the DT Swiss.
    My Azonic rear wheel was setup for 12mm thru axle. I just bought a step down axle with nuts on the end. It worked out great, it's just a minor inconvenience to carry a wrench with you if you want to be able to change a flat mid ride.

    Is the new chain ring steel or alloy?
    Brian

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:53 PM.