• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yawgoo Valley on Fox 61 News tonight

Warp Daddy

As it is often called by HrSTRAT 57 --- "The Mighty Yawgoo"----------------- seems like a great little place for fun for kidz n' newbies

playoutside

Skied there one day 09-10 season. We went to add it to our ski lists...it added a mountain and a state!! It's not challenging, but we had a fun half day. Arrived for opening on a Saturday of Presidents weekend. I think we were the 5th car in the lot! Very fun as a throwback and reminder of skiing as a 5 year old. No crowds until noon, some neat old double chairs, a decent bar with a deck. We sat on the deck watching the tiniest kids drag themselves up the hill with a real rope tow. Then they would point them straight down the 50 foot slope and scream to the bottom! They were having a blast.

It's not tall obviously, tends to be quite gradual on top and then has some pitch towards the front. Nice narrow, gentle trails. It would be a great place to teach kids. More character than Nashoba, but less pitch.

drjeff

I saw it too, place seems real small.

Because it is ;-)

Skied there once back in the mid 90's on a day where about a foot of snow had fallen - not exactly the most epic of mountains for powder for sure, but they've done a good job at teaching my niece and nephews to ski the last few seasons

hrstrat57

As it is often called by HrSTRAT 57 --- "The Mighty Yawgoo"----------------- seems like a great little place for fun for kidz n' newbies

Ha ha, excellent!

I actually learned to ski at Pinetop which was also in Exeter, but off of Rt 165, near Beach Pond.....much more vert and much steeper terrain.

I taught at Yawgoo for many years and 2 of my kids were on ski school staff there as well while in high school.....before that I had a season pass for some time....

I posted a trip report with pics last year here and on epic, I will hunt for it and link to it if anyone is interested.

Just drove by on the way home (less than a mile from my house) Steam coming up 52 degr and pouring and the place was packed as the 5 week learn to ski program is not over yet.

Amazing!

Thanks for the post Sev the link

Nothin' better than givin' my friends at the goo some stoke!!:beer:

Warp Daddy

Ha ha, excellent!

I actually learned to ski at Pinetop which was also in Exeter, but off of Rt 165, near Beach Pond.....much more vert and much steeper terrain.

I taught at Yawgoo for many years and 2 of my kids were on ski school staff there as well while in high school.....before that I had a season pass for some time....

I posted a trip report with pics last year here and on epic, I will hunt for it and link to it if anyone is interested.

Just drove by on the way home (less than a mile from my house) Steam coming up 52 degr and pouring and the place was packed as the 5 week learn to ski program is not over yet.

Amazing!

Thanks for the post Sev the link

Nothin' better than givin' my friends at the goo some stoke!!:beer:

Way to chime in my man -- GOTTA SUPPORT THE HOME TEAM ::D

hrstrat57

RISkier

hrstrat and I kind of have the place surrounded. He lives on one side and I live on the other. They really do a great job providing locals a place to learn to ride and ski. It's not rare to see overflow parking going up the streets in the evenings. The weather has definitely not been kind to them this year. We probably had 10" or so last Saturday and the Goo was going off. But that was our first and only real snow this year. Been warm all week, and combined with recent rain the snow is virtually all gone. It amazes me that Yawgoo can keep going in a year like this. Really think it's an asset to the community.

hrstrat57

hrstrat and I kind of have the place surrounded. He lives on one side and I live on the other. They really do a great job providing locals a place to learn to ride and ski. It's not rare to see overflow parking going up the streets in the evenings. The weather has definitely not been kind to them this year. We probably had 10" or so last Saturday and the Goo was going off. But that was our first and only real snow this year. Been warm all week, and combined with recent rain the snow is virtually all gone. It amazes me that Yawgoo can keep going in a year like this. Really think it's an asset to the community.

Let's meet in the middle for a few turns soon ok?

We can visit the Max after for some:
:beer:

Tin

Place is about 5 minutes from URI. They do a great job snow-making and is perfect for starters. Has a few little steep sections and is not usually too busy and is cheap (always coupons around).

hrstrat57

Yawgoo Valley is done today.....the winter that never was is over here in the RI coastal flatlands.

I didn't get over there once, in fact I didn't get much of anywhere this year, saved my money.....

One more ski spin in NH (probably a nosalgia run in MWV maybe even King Pine) and done.

Golf clubs are bagged and ready and tennis racquets are all strung and ready to go as well.....gotta find one of road bikes, around here somewhere.....

http://www.yawgoo.com/