Killington 2012-01-29 -- Taking the girl I love skiing for her first time - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    I can't believe you call your gf being taken down in a sled on her first day ever, a successful day. I can't wait to read you TR's about a bad day!

All the power to you. She certainly sounds like a keeper!! (And a trooper!).

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Good had a couple swigs of Vodka
    That's it?
    I lift things up and put them down.

An "expert skier" would never have gotten themselves into a situation where the first timer that they were skiing with needed to take a sled down due to fatigue and frustration. I hope you made a big donation to the Killington ski patrol for bailing you out.

when's the next lesson?
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

She has a nice smile. It's too bad you took it away from her on her first skiing experience. Expert instructors know that the most important thing they can do is make it fun enough that a student will return for another lesson. Next time, listen to the advice given from the rental shop, care enough about your girl to pony up for a legitimate lesson, buy her a nice lunch after she completes the lesson and then return to the same trail(s) that her instructor taught her on so not to preempt her learning by removing her from her comfort zone.
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 HD (All Mountain)
    Rossignol Hero Master M18 (GS Carver)
    Rossignol Soul 7 HD (Off Piste) 136/106/126
    Rossignol Super 7 (Snorkel) 140/116/130

You know. I was thinking that it was BD move too! I would never have put a beginner in that position.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

What did you have for lunch? Did you go to Noel's?
    I lift things up and put them down.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Good had a couple swigs of Vodka

How much did your GF drink?

As someone who only works with first time skiers i would like to say
    It only takes approx 3 hours to get someone from the beginner bump "10 ft long pitch to flat run out" to green trails when they come in for a lesson at Belleayre.In the 1 to 1.5 hrs of the 15 dollar lesson they are taught balance and stance thru wedge turns to stop.After they graduate we send them to the tow handle to practice what we taught and most make it to the green lift after 2 or 3 runs down the 100 yrd bunny trail.
    THE ONLY WAY SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTED IS BECAUSE YOU HAD HER IN A POWER WEDGE FROM MINUTE 1.
    Feel sorry for her and i don't even know her.Hope you didn't scar her for life.
    I have had people who couldn't do it but we have a 99% success rate on a 2 turn and turn to stop final station.

Dude you did a major injustice to your girlfriend.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by skidbump View Post
    As someone who only works with first time skiers i would like to say
    It only takes approx 3 hours to get someone from the beginner bump "10 ft long pitch to flat run out" to green trails when they come in for a lesson at Belleayre.In the 1 to 1.5 hrs of the 15 dollar lesson they are taught balance and stance thru wedge turns to stop.After they graduate we send them to the tow handle to practice what we taught and most make it to the green lift after 2 or 3 runs down the 100 yrd bunny trail.
    THE ONLY WAY SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTED IS BECAUSE YOU HAD HER IN A POWER WEDGE FROM MINUTE 1.
    Feel sorry for her and i don't even know her.Hope you didn't scar her for life.
    I have had people who couldn't do it but we have a 99% success rate on a 2 turn and turn to stop final station.

Dude you did a major injustice to your girlfriend.
    +1

Thread Information