Killington 2012-01-29 -- Taking the girl I love skiing for her first time - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post

Anyway, we got up there early and rented her some skis. They wanted to give her like 140mm skis since it was her first time but I was like come on I ski 185s and anything less than 160 isn't a real ski... so she ended up with 150's or 160's I don't remember... at least a decent pair of Rossignol Bandit rental skis and she is like 5'10" so she dont need no short ass skies...
    can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    can't make this stuff up.
    no, but you wish he did.

dude, dump her now and find a girl that skis. no matter what she says she's too old to get into the sport and love it like you do. she will suck the fun out of your life if you stay with her.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4
    Keystone - 1.12

bdfreetuna

You wouldn't happen to be related to some dude in Allentown, PA that sells tombstones would you?

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    dude, dump her now and find a girl that skis. no matter what she says she's too old to get into the sport and love it like you do. she will suck the fun out of your life if you stay with her.
    This is the best advice I have ever heard on a ski forum.
    I lift things up and put them down.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    bdfreetuna

You wouldn't happen to be related to some dude in Allentown, PA that sells tombstones would you?
    It is nice comic relief. Wonder if he hates pow like the steezey one.

What? You are lucky she even talks to you!

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Well I already spent like $300 fucking dollars that day just to buy her and my tickets and rentals and dinner afterwards... shit I'm not made of money!
    In the future, if you decide to bring new skiers to a resort go straight to the ski school desk. They can tell you how to sign her up for a "Learn to Ski Program". Had you done this, she would have gotten a lift ticket, rentals and a lesson for $129.

http://www.killington.com/winter/les...s/learn_to_ski
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 HD (All Mountain)
    Rossignol Hero Master M18 (GS Carver)
    Rossignol Soul 7 HD (Off Piste) 136/106/126
    Rossignol Super 7 (Snorkel) 140/116/130

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    In the future, if you decide to bring new skiers to a resort go straight to the ski school desk. They can tell you how to sign her up for a "Learn to Ski Program". Had you done this, she would have gotten a lift ticket, rentals and a lesson for $129.

http://www.killington.com/winter/les...s/learn_to_ski
    I think its even cheaper then that in Jan.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

if you don't dump her then sign her up here on AZ so the two of you can ski Sugarloaf for cheap in the spring. discounted lodging (room for 2) free booze and food at the parties. she'll have a nice place to hang out while you rack some high speed vert in the AM and the two of you can go to the top and cruise down the greens together in the afternoon.

who knows, if you get a couple more of your private lessons into her i'm sure you'll have her skiing the glades of bracket basin, they're pretty tame.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4
    Keystone - 1.12

Thread Information