Killington 2012-01-29 -- Taking the girl I love skiing for her first time - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Yeah I'll buy her lessons at an easier local mountain next time while I just have fun rippin the slopes

Maybe after her lessons she'll be confident enough to take a run with me? Who knows

Agreed, put out and buy her some lessons......but not in "advanced" levels. Let her enjoy improving her skills....
    SteveD

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of guided tours down the Whiteface Slides

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Yeah I'll buy her lessons at an easier local mountain next time while I just have fun rippin the slopes

Maybe after her lessons she'll be confident enough to take a run with me? Who knows
    check this year's details but the last 2 years the AZ summit has included a FREE LESSON as part of the package.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

It does this year also
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Send her out my way. I will display the patience and understanding that she clearly needs. Your best bet would be to stay home. She will thank me after-trust me....

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It does this year also
    this event is perfect for tuna and his chick.

cheap lodging, free sunday ticket, romantic setting, free lessons, free booze, free food, AZ swag, early morning high speed lapping on sunday.

what more could you ask for?
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Lessons! It is real easy to say turn left or turn right. But how do you tell her what to do to actually turn left or turn right. The instructors are real good (and have lots of practice and patience) in telling them how to actually turn. Lean this way, weight on this edge of this ski, etc....

At Sunday River, ticket, lesson and rentals are $85.00. You won't HAVE to hug and kiss her as much afterwards, you'll just get to.

Really, skiing and teaching skiing are two entirely different things. Go give her a hug, and promise her real lessons with a trained instructor. And give her a kiss, too. Your heart is in the right place, and so is hers.
    Plus the added benefit with most instructors is that since they're doing this (teaching) all the time, chances are they have the ability to quickly be able to change how they're explaining what their trying to teach to meet the comprehension/needs of different people (since I think its safe to say that not everyone gets the message that some people are trying to convey ) so the instructor is focusing on how to improve the skills of that person in the best way for them, not just trying to explain it in a way that makes sense to them(the instructor)

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Lessons! It is real easy to say turn left or turn right. But how do you tell her what to do to actually turn left or turn right. The instructors are real good (and have lots of practice and patience) in telling them how to actually turn. Lean this way, weight on this edge of this ski, etc....

At Sunday River, ticket, lesson and rentals are $85.00. You won't HAVE to hug and kiss her as much afterwards, you'll just get to.

Really, skiing and teaching skiing are two entirely different things. Go give her a hug, and promise her real lessons with a trained instructor. And give her a kiss, too. Your heart is in the right place, and so is hers.
    I haven't been here all that long but this is by far my favorite thread so far...LMAO reading all the different opinions and agree with many...Tuna, love the spirit and wanting to get the love of your life skiing...I really do...and I know that your heart was in the right place...I just think it's hilarious that she takes the sled down to finish the day...my wife would have killed me! To each his own...
    Ski Sundown- 12/27, 12/29, 12/31, 1/2, 1/14, 1/16, 1/21, 1/29, 2/4, 2/23
    Stratton- 1/7, 1/8, 1/22, 2/11, 2/12
    Catamount- 2/5
    Whiteface- 2/18, 2/19, 2/20
    Belleayre-2/22

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    this event is perfect for tuna and his chick.

cheap lodging, free sunday ticket, romantic setting, free lessons, free booze, free food, AZ swag, early morning high speed lapping on sunday.

what more could you ask for?
    I might convince her to come on here and make a few posts ... sounds good to me!

Plus I've never been to Sugarloaf and it sounds epic as f*ck so if theres some way I can slay the trails and the back bowls and all that while she gets some professional lessons....

that would be what's up!

Thread Information