Killington 2012-01-29 -- Taking the girl I love skiing for her first time - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Always way easier to get the SO a few lessons to start. My wife had 10 days or so lifetime when we went out west where I had lived, bought my out of work ex-ski patrol buddy lift tickets and he spent 3 hours w her on the lower part of the mtn. We met for lunch and he took off to ski the rest of the day. We did that for 3 days at which point she could handle the mtn on selected runs from top to bottom. Less stress, and faster learning is a huge plus.

Lessons can help virtually anyone at any ability level. It's unfortunate that there seems to be a stigma about taking them and that they cost so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I am Sagittarius and she is Pisces. It's not an easy one.

Nothing to do with the fun ski vacaction but we might be taking a little break. There's a lot of history and it gets intense. Plus she wants to trip all the time which is cool but not I think the answer to psycotheray between something of a couple.

It's bean about 6 years with this woman, mostly on, sometimes off. But it might be time to do my own thing. As a Pisces she slows me down and depresesses me .... but also we have the most inteinse conenection.

I don't know what to do.
    Wow. I love this post for more reasons than I have time to list.

I don't have too much anxiety about taking a lesson. What discourages me from taking a lesson are two things. First, of course, is the cost.

Second is that time represents time that I could be out on the mountain loving it and honing my craft myself. Lessons eat up, what, 3-4 hours of the day? (Add up all the time you spend signing up, getting to the learning meeting place, wait for some to get their skis and boots fitted from the rental shop and then the actual lesson). All that time corduroy is disappearing, trails are getting scraped down. While you stop on the trail and the instructor is going over some of the finer points of today's lesson, folks are just ripping it up right in front of you. (Now doesn't that just make you want to ditch the class and go join them?) Seriously, how many laps can you do while the training group gets in one lap?

Don't get me wrong, I have benefited from lessons and improved my form and increased my endurance. When I am struggling and can not overcome an issue, it's lesson time. But it is a cost and time issue for me.
    lovin life,

Bob

Book the first slot of the day, meet teacher early, and get some runs in before the lift is open to the public. Maybe you'll get lucky and catch a powder day. It also helps to get familiar w the instructors so you get someone you have confidence in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post
    Book the first slot of the day, meet teacher early, and get some runs in before the lift is open to the public. Maybe you'll get lucky and catch a powder day. It also helps to get familiar w the instructors so you get someone you have confidence in.
    Killington discounts the 8am private lesson, too. But those things are expensive.
    http://www.killington.com/winter/lessons/private

Best deal I found were the specialty programs.
    http://www.killington.com/winter/les...ialty_programs
    They include the price of a lift ticket and are a tremendous value. I did the race weekend with them and thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Plus she wants to trip all the time which is cool but not I think the answer to psycotheray between something of a couple..

I can;t beleive this thread is still going! Ahh she don't need no lesson. let her drop a tab and then take her straight to the top of Outer Limits and have her point them straight down the hill That should clear out all the fuziness abuot the future of the two of you

was she tripping during the skiing?
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

So... how's the relationship going??
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    So... how's the relationship going??

Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 HD (All Mountain)
    Rossignol Hero Master M18 (GS Carver)
    Rossignol Soul 7 HD (Off Piste) 136/106/126
    Rossignol Super 7 (Snorkel) 140/116/130

Thread Information