• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineReplay

gmcunni

I started using Ski Tracks instead of Trace last week in Steamboat and already prefer it. All the stats are updated and displayed throughout your session in real time, instead of being downloaded at the end of your session. Much simpler interface, and seems to use less battery power.

i'll make the switch next season i think. i like the stats but don't go crazy trying to beat myself. i like it for the maps and a way of recording where i've been for the season. i link to each day on my sig so i can find them easily (rather than logging in to trace).

Rushski

I tried Snocru, but it takes more steps to get going and is always trying to force you to the subscription... Ski Tracks is simple and does the job...

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
After running both Trace and Ski Tracks simultaneous the past 2 days, Ski Tracks shows significantly higher speeds. I haven't done a run by run comparison but for max speed, first day Ski Tracks was 8.8 mph higher and the second 7.3.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

gmcunni

new version of Trace today (5.3.0). says bug fixes, hopefully battery consumption was one of them. we'll see tomorrow.

Madroch

Ski tracks = higher speeds but lower very. I run both trace and tracks every outing... Yeah I'm a numbers guy

gmcunni

Ski tracks = higher speeds but lower very. I run both trace and tracks every outing... Yeah I'm a numbers guy

i'm not worried about stats (much) but just the overall maps and ability to review my history. which app do you prefer?

guess i can try both tomorrow. if my battery doesn't get killed

KustyTheKlown

i have only used ski tracks and like it a lot. i find the gps real time positioning to be fairly accurate and very useful. i have always found the speed to be very overstated. i can generally make it thru a 6-7 hour ski day but the battery dies around the end of the day.

Madroch

Gary- I like the maps also.. Maps and vertical- don't really care about speed.
Probably like ski tracks a little more to check during the day... But trace for after the fact due to profile aspect

gmcunni

ran both today. agree, trace after the day is more interesting to review and see how the day progressed. i like that trace uploads to a site and i can play around on the PC rather than just on the phone.

Ski Tracks reported
max speed 46.3
distance 23.1 Miles
vert. 21439
runs 16

Trace reported
max speed 43.1
distance 22.5 Miles
vert 22000
runs 16