• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wtb; race ski

SKIQUATTRO

looking for a 175-180 ish race ski....need something to help me keep up with my daughter while chasing her around a race couse....

hammer

I like my Fischer Progressor 9+ skis...they are more of a cheater race ski but they have worked out well for me as a front side carver (even though I'm more of skidder). Even did OK in some light shallow powder.

Cheese

175-180 is not a SL ski. Sl skis only go to 165 cm!

Agreed, just checking.

If you're not interested in working for every turn you might want to look at the Volkl Racetiger. It's got more side-cut than a lot of other GS skis but still has enough stiffness to keep it underfoot at speed.

wa-loaf

gs...something that wont chatter, get bounced around at high speeds

I like my Fischer Progressor 9+ skis...they are more of a cheater race ski but they have worked out well for me as a front side carver (even though I'm more of skidder). Even did OK in some light shallow powder.

Very happy with my Progressor 9+. I should probably move up to something closer to race stock for Night League, but they've been serving me pretty well. Plus they don't kill me if I want to go ski the bumps after I'm done racing.

Hawkshot99

I demoed next years Fischers yesterday. I skied the Progressor 950(new model for next year), and the SC4(I think that is the name), the true cheater ski. And while the Progessor was not bad, it was nowhere even close to the real cheater ski.

wa-loaf

thought the same but i think they have several for sale and probably are sloppy/lazy about pics

Either way seems pricey for 2 year old beat up demos. I have a hard time finding anything on ebay these days that isn't overpriced and usually end up going new for a few bucks more.

Give Philpug an PM if you want something new. He usually comes up with a pretty good deal for forum users.

gmcunni

Give Philpug an PM if you want something new. He usually comes up with a pretty good deal for forum users.

i'm really just keeping an eye out for an excellent opportunity. i vacillate between wanting a fat ski & gs/carver ski

Hawkshot99

SKIQUATTRO

i should have clarified....looking for a used set up..wont be my primary ski..but would like to have for icier days

Cheese

If you really intend to rip these at high speeds on solid surfaces a "demo" binding may not be your best choice. A better option would be to find a shop near a resort and check out their bargain basement of pre-owned race skis. A lot of race skis wind up in the racks after only a season or two of racing. As long as they still have camber and plenty of edge left, they'll probably last a good long time.