• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New boots: Atomic Hawx 90 flex.

Bene288

So after extreme pressure from my girlfriend, I broke down and finally bought a brand new pair of boots. I had an old pair of Nordica something or others. Only pair of boots I've ever owned. Needless to say they were horrible and really limited my skiing. Maybe have a 60 flex. At times I would rent performance boots because I hated them so much.

So after trying on dozens of boots, Tecnica, Dalbello, Rossi, more Nordicas, and Lange. I tried on a pair of Atomic Hawx 90. I'm going to be honest, I didn't even know Atomic made boots. The fit on these things felt like they were meant just for me. Perfect entry and exit, very comfortable lining and arch support. The buckles are super adjustable, and you can really stiffen the boot up quite a bit via the nice wide strap. The quality of the plastic and buckles just felt superior to other boots in that same category/price range. The Lange blaster 90 was very high quality, but the fit was right.

I got out last night and hit the slopes. With my ankle being tender, I was planning to take it easy the first night. Didn't have to. The boots were so responsive and light weight that my skiing was taken to another level. They're a little tight, but they will break in. Extremely happy with the fit/quality/flex. I almost went to the 110 flex, but I had a fairly tight budget and I just don't get the days in. I'm definitely in the upper advanced category. I've done so many challenging trails on those crappy 60 flex whatevers. now I have a flex that better suits my style an instantly made me a better skier. I'll follow up to tonight with more of a report.

Bene288

Were you one of the guys that helped me? I'm so glad potter bros carried Atomics or I would have never known. The other shops I've been to over the last few weeks don't carry them. I'm real happy I held out and didn't get the Blasters I found before. The fit just wasn't right. If you were one of the guys there, you were very knowledgable and helpful.

Hawkshot99

Were you one of the guys that helped me? I'm so glad potter bros carried Atomics or I would have never known. The other shops I've been to over the last few weeks don't carry them. I'm real happy I held out and didn't get the Blasters I found before. The fit just wasn't right. If you were one of the guys there, you were very knowledgable and helpful.

I was not the guy who mostly helped you. I am the younger guy who was in there hanging out and answered your question about the canting of the boots. I do work there but yesterday was my day off and I was waiting for a buddy to come 9in to go skiing.

Glad you are enjoying the boots. If you have any problems please come back and see us. My name is Matt.