• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dog bites news anchor in the face on live TV

hammer

Unreal.....When he gave her that look that was her warning...Can't believe they brought an unbalanced dog to the show.

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhnpzx5glBESx5h37p
Happened way too quickly for us slow humans to react IMO. That said one should never get into a dog's face like that, especially if one is not the owner/master.

Shame for the reporter and shame for the dog. What gets me is that the dog is not vaccinated for rabies. Really irresponsible.

TheBEast

What the??? this story is messed up, especially the charges filed against the dog owner and why the news program would have the dog on without a leash or letting the anchor get right in the dogs face and heavily pet him like she was. Speedy recovery for the anchor, but geez, give the dog some space. Damn.

SKIQUATTRO

that happened to a friend of mine growing up...she was sitting on the front steps of her house petting her friends dog that she'd known for years....dog turned around and bit her nose clean off....

no matter how well trained, they are still animals. sorry to say, i dont trust any pet.

ctenidae

Read a version of the story that quoted a couple of different animal behaviorists- all agreed that theanchor messed it up by putting her face so close and ignoring the dog's warnings.

Full disclosure, I have a Dogo who is just over 10 years old. Great dog, but not one I'm going to let run around off leash or let strangers rub faces with. Once he knows someone, he's great. Until he decides he knows (and likes) you, it's "you keep your distance, I'll keep mine."

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
That is unfortunate. Folks who don't own or understand dogs frequently get into petting and being friendly with a dog way too easily. I see it with my dog. People want to come up and say hi and pet my dog. My dog is crazy friendly and loves people and has never bit anyone or demonstrated even slight aggression towards a human. But I keep my dog at my side and don't allow strangers to pet her. She gets excited and jumps at people's faces... completely in happy fun, but she does it. You never know what a dog is going to do until you know the dog... and even then they sometimes surprise their owners.

When meeting a new dog, I am decidedly hands off. I'll offer my hand for sniff but stand tall and keep my hands away from the face if petting seems okay.

BMac

Website
apod.nasa.gov
It looked like she was going in for a kiss. It's seriously a bad move to get that close to any dog that you don't know, let alone do it on a lit stage in front of some cameras. I just hope that the anchor is fine and everyone comes to their senses and this dog isn't put down.

snoseek

The suspense in that vid was killing me!!!

jrmagic

That is totally messed up. Yes its unfortunate that she got bit but she really did ask for it geting that close. The owner looked to be in prtty good control with his hand inside the dog's collar. I mena the dog maybe had a couple of inches leeway. You couldnt control a dog that well on a leash unless the leash was taut right before the dog tried to lunge.

ctenidae

legalskier

Follow up- her mouth is stitched shut now:

The Colorado news anchor bitten by a rescued dog live on air posted on her Facebook page that she received 70 stitches on her face and is unable to speak because her mouth is stitched shut....“After a 4 hour surgery, I have 70 stitches in my upper lip, lower lip and nose,” Dyer wrote. “I am unable to talk because my mouth is stitched shut to allow for the skin graft to take and get the blood circulating in my lips again.”...Dyer is scheduled to return to the doctor this week and to undergo another procedure in the next few weeks and is already looking to the future and her return to TV.“Once I’m all healed, I will return to my friends at 9NEWS who have been remarkably supportive as have viewers and friends throughout the country,” she wrote.
Story: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...dog-received-70-stitches-mouth-stitched-shut/

ctenidae

dog is dead I'm assuming.... too bad, stupid move by the news woman....

Probably not, actually. 10 day quarantine is standard prctice. If Max shows no signs of rabies, he'll probably be released from quarantine. Chances are, he's in quarantine at home- they usually just stipulate that he has to be on a shorter leash than usual and can't hang out with other dogs or people.

Doesn't sound like the anchorwoman is pushing for anythign else, and it's unliekly that, particulalry with a clean record and the rescuer's comments, it'll all go away in a week.