• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bump or Bust 3/17

2knees

You got me beat by several days. My season has been dismal to say the least, though I've had some great sessions with the kids, which makes up for it.

I've only had like 1 real ski day, early season Killington. The rest have been short sessions at Sundown, mostly with the kids.

most of my days have been with the kids but i've been able to get a few hours on my own most of those times. 3 days at loon, while not my favorite place, provided some much needed bump skiing. even if 2 of them were on a relatively flat trail, still beats steep groomers any day. Plus one full 8 hour day out in utah helps

2knees

god, this is a pathetic hijack.

Jeff, I thought you had a Mt. nothington pass this year?

Madroch

Back on track... storm brewing for 3/1-- this one is gonna be different and actually arrive in a frozen state... so... seed gunny leap day... pow bumps 3/1, and all set for up for bump or bust!

2knees

Iceman will be back to defend his U18 3x title.

I'll be there to video

I cant wait to see how good he is now. He could kick all of our asses 3 years ago, he must be ready for the pro tour by now.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
stoked there's this converstation about the bumps already.

We've got a few tweaks and we're pretty pumped. We've even developed a system to keep more of you guys skiing through the day than ever before, so don't plan to start drinking as soon as you get booted in round one. This goes for you Vibert!

We're bumping up Gunny as soon as our racing commitments are fulfilled. I assure you we are looking forward to this. As it's our spring plan, and we love it. Boo Ya.

Suburban Sports / Mogulproshop.com have hooked it up yet again with over $3,000 in product prizes including Skis for 1st place in Mens, Womens and Under 18 category.

We've added a snowboard category with a winner takes all prize pack and NEW THIS YEAR a consolation round.

Consolation round goes as follows. Once the MENS Category has been widled down to 16, the "losers" will be allowed to take another qualifier run and we will determine the top 8 "losers" to form another head to head, sudden death bracket to determine the "king of the losers" Details shortly....

the premise of this is to keep more of you guys skiing and enjoying Gunny bumps longer through the day.

Prizes - an exact list will be determined shortly, but you should know that the top 5 in MENS, top 5 in Womens and top 5 in under 18 will recieve sweet product. The snowboarders will compete for a winner takes all prize pack and the Consolation round folks will also be competing for prizes.

Details soon. We were just developing the format of the consolation round and wanted to get the word out now. dont let years past scare you off from this great day. this event is for everyone. We're more stoked than ever and look forward to another great event with Mogulproshop.com / Suburban Sports. THnaks!

gmcunni

blah blah blah

We're bumping up Gunny as soon as our racing commitments are fulfilled. I assure you we are looking forward to this. As it's our spring plan, and we love it. Boo Ya.

blah blah blah

when is racing over? as much fun as the comp day is, mid week afternoons leading up to it are a blast too.

Madroch

when is racing over? as much fun as the comp day is, mid week afternoons leading up to it are a blast too.

^^^^This. Love the week or two before... got plenty of afternoons to take off... blue sky, moderate temps and sweet gunny bumps....

2knees

King of the losers... very cool....prize????
king_of_losers.jpg

Grassi21

^^^^This. Love the week or two before... got plenty of afternoons to take off... blue sky, moderate temps and sweet gunny bumps....

Same here. I am most likely taking most of the week before the comp off. Looking forward to some sunny afternoons on Gunny.

Madroch

The King of Losers has me intrigued... no more one and done, I could have numerous additional runs and opportunities to embarass myself.. go big or go home right? The final would be a hoot....